September 10th, 2013
Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA) is a powerful, agile developer tool suite for analyzing and optimizing games, media, and other graphics-intensive applications. The product supports applications intended for the Windows* OS platforms or Intel® Atom™ based phones running the Android* OS. The toolset is a free download from the Intel GPA Home Page.
Available now, Intel GPA 2013 R3 adds these key features:
- Added support for the fourth generation of Intel® Core™ processors, including the following graphics systems: Intel® HD Graphics 5000/ 4600 / 4400 / 4200, Intel® Iris™ graphics 5100, and Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics 5200. A full list of the metrics available on these graphics systems can be found in the Intel GPA Online Help. For more information about the newest processors and graphics systems from Intel, see this page.
- Intel GPA Platform Analyzer Alpha Preview:
- Use the new GPU Queue representation to analyze a software queue for GPU engines at each moment of time.
- Use new VSync markers to see how game rendering is aligned with VSync events. This newly-added feature is useful for profiling latency-critical applications, since you can clearly see if frame is rendered during the VSync interval.
- Use new CPU context switches to check CPU threads execution over time: see when a thread is active and when it is waiting for a synchronization object.
- Correlate Intel GPA System Analyzer HUD metrics, which are represented as graph charts, with other data.
- Supports Intel HD Graphics 5000/4600/4400/4200, Intel® Iris™ graphics 5100, and Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics 5200.
- Added support for Microsoft* Windows* 8.1 Preview.
- DirectX* 10.1 support has been enabled for Windows* 8/8.1.
- Intel GPA System Analyzer's System View feature is now enabled for Intel® Atom™ based phones.
This Alpha preview of the new Intel GPA Platform Analyzer becomes the default tool for timeline analysis. The new Intel GPA Platform Analyzer is based on an Intel GPA/ VTune integrated workflow. The new Intel GPA Platform Analyzer has similar functionality to the original product and includes some additional features. With the new Intel GPA Platform Analyzer you can:
Please note that the new version of the Intel GPA Platform Analyzer is currently targeted for Windows* OS only. In order to visualize workload-specific OpenCL task queuing and media workloads, please use the old Platform Analyzer as these features are not yet available in this Alpha release.
The product also adds other minor enhancements and stability improvements, so all users should download and install this latest version of the product from the Intel GPA Home Page.
To find out more about the Intel® GPA tool suite, check out one or more of these on-line resources:
- Intel GPA Home Page: The product's home site provides detailed information about the tool, including links to training and support resources, as well as videos on the product to help you get started quickly.
- Intel GPA On-line Help: A web-based version of the product documentation, providing details on the product tools and metrics for various platforms.
- Intel GPA Release Notes: Detailed product requirements, installation information, legal information, and version-specific technical issues and workarounds for the product.
- Intel GPA Support Forum: Browse to this page to ask questions or report issues about the product, or let us know what other features would help make the tools more useful for your work-flow.
- Intel GPA Knowledge Base Articles: A list of useful technical articles, including tips & tricks and workarounds to help you get the most out of the product.
- Intel GPA Getting Started Guide for Windows* OS: If you are new to Intel GPA, this is the place to start for analyzing Microsoft* DirectX* applications running on the Microsoft* Windows* OS platform -- we introduce you to the key concepts of the product, getting you up and running with the tools in no time at all!
- Intel GPA Getting Started Guide for Android* OS: An Android*-specific version of the Getting Started Guide -- everything you need to know to start using Intel GPA to analyze Android* OS applications running on Intel® Atom™ based phones.
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor (code name Haswell): Provides an overview of the latest processors from Intel, including detailed information about the architecture. Also, you'll find a Graphics Developers Guide showing how to optimize your games and graphics applications for systems based on this architecture.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.