Intel® Identity Services REST API 2.0 provides a set of identity and profile APIs designed for rich interoperability and seamless authentication & authorization of users across platforms. These APIs can be utilized by developers for authenticating their customers and providing a more personalized experience. In addition, Intel Identity Services include a web portal for users to manage their account and profile data (https://yourid.intel.com).
Intel Identity Services version 2.0
- User interface was internationalized into five languages (English, Spanish, French, German and Italian).
- Improvements in the User Interface for mobile devices.
- Several user interface and API performance improvements.
The REST API is tested on the following operating systems for application development:
- Microsoft* Windows* 7*
- Microsoft* Windows* 8*
- Android Mobile 2.3 / 4.0
- Android Tablet 4.0
- iOS v4 and v5 (iPhone and iPad)
- Mac OSx (10.8)
The Intel Identity Services is tested on the following browsers:
- Microsoft* Internet Explorer*, version 10.0 (Windows 8)
- Microsoft* Internet Explorer*, version 9.0 (32 bit)
- Microsoft* Internet Explorer*, version 8.0 (32 bit)
- Google* Chrome* 26 (Windows 7)
- Mozilla* Firefox* 16 PC
- Safari 5 on Mac
- Android 2.3 and 4 Smartphone
- Chrome 22 Android Tablet
- iOS 4.3 Safari
- iOS 5 Safari
Two documents (links listed below) are available to help you reference the services. The Developer Guide can help you learn the REST calls. The API Reference provides the details for each REST call. In addition, several articles are provided on the Intel Cloud Services Portal to help you through the learning and implementation process.
To access the Intel Identity Services REST Developer Guide: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/cloud-services-intel-identity-service-rest-developer-guide.
To access the Intel Identity Services REST API Reference: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/cloud-services-intel-identity-service-rest-api-reference.
- When sending an invalid language to the Put Full Profile API, a "500 Internal Server Error" is returned.
- When sending and invalid user to the Get Profile API, a "5xx Server Error" is returned.
- When calling a user scope after revoking a valid token, an "Insufficient Scope Error" is returned.
- By browsing test.yourid.intel.com from android 4.0 devices users might be prompted with a SSL certificate issue detected by the browser
- Identity Title is rendered over the right menu on Galaxy S3.
- In Edit Profile Menu Navigation, there is a font size issue with the selected option.
- In the Dashboard Linked Account placeholder paragraph there is an incorrect padding.
- After being logged in into Intel Identity Services, if you clean all the cookies except the sessionID, the UI will loop infinitely.
- In a mobile device and Intel Identity Services in Spanish, the Username field have a long placeholder that is not fully visible.
- The Intel Logo in mobile devices appears in low resolution.
- Link account Landing, inside dashboard, title has a small square on top right.
- Combo boxes style change after submits using Chrome in the iPad form factor.
- When you change the language on a Device A, you will not see the changes in any another Device, even when you re-send the language preference on the second device.
- In the Account page, changing the screen size cause a layout problem with the Social and Application section.
- Whitespace between error messages and other elements are inconsistent with the general design.
- Reset page is shown in garbled HTML code and cannot be used by Android Users to reset Password. In the Android device you can download the full page and continue with the process.
- Footer "support" link is misaligned in French, German and Spanish languages.
- The primary language is set Arabic when creating an account through FedId internal APIs (Intel Media case)
- In Internet Explorer, after failing ones in the account creation process introducing and incorrect CAPTCHA, the second time despite you create an account successfully you will receive an error sound.
- In Google Chrome, after trying to create an account with an existing email and you pressed “This’s not me”, the “Create an account” page appears again and the Back button won’t work.
- In the Intel Identity Home Page in mobile devices, there are some inconsistence alignments.
- Pictures on Home Page are not centered.
To get additional help, Contact Intel® Cloud Services Platform Support.