Express checkout is always open.
Commerce Services help you integrate complex functionalities such as creating and updating orders, processing payments, and maintaining account history using simple APIs without the hassle of merchant accounts or payment gateway integration. This allows you to focus on your core business, removes obstacles and allows for an easier selling and earning experience. Additionally, Commerce Services offer some of the lowest processing fees which brings in even more money to you.
- Create and edit carts
- Orders and refunds
- Billing profile
- Order settlement in 50+ countries in 3 currencies (GBP, USD, EUR)
- Easy calculation of US sales tax and VAT
- Fraud detection
- Immediate billing
General Platform Information
- How do I turn on the Commerce Services?
- Once you join Intel® Cloud Services Platform, you can turn on the Commerce switch during app creation (or while editing) on the Cloud Services portal screen:
- How are withholding taxes calculated and collected for Commerce Services?
- Please check this tax documentation.
- Does Intel Commerce Services handle sales and VAT tax obligations for all countries?
- No, Intel Commerce Services handles taxes only in the United States, Norway, and the European Union. The business owner is responsible for tax obligations in all other countries.
- What is the profit-sharing split?
- Currently, developers receive all the proceeds from a purchase minus any credit card or PayPal transaction charges.
- Can the store be used in any country?
- No, only the following consumer countries are supported:
Åland Islands Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Costa rica Brazil Bulgaria Canada Cyprus Czech Republic Croatia Denmark Estonia Finland France Colombia Ecuador Greece Guernsey Hong Kong SAR Hungary Germany Israel Indonesia Ireland Isle of Man Italy India Russia Jersey Korea, Republic of Latvia Lithuania Japan Serbia Malaysia Malta Mexico Netherlands Luxembourg United Arab Emirates Norway Philippines Poland Portugal New Zealand Venezuela Romania Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Puerto Rico Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan South Africa Turkey United Kingdom United States Chile Thailand
- Are refunds supported?
- Yes, both partial and full refunds are supported for up to 60 days after the original purchase. A transaction fee for the original sale is still collected, but the refund itself is free. The refund is credited back to consumer via the original method of payment. The developer will not be remunerated for this sale.
- Am I charged for failed transactions?
- No, you will not be charged a processing fee on unapproved payments.
- Am I charged for chargebacks?
- Intel passes through the processor's fee for chargebacks.
- Am I charged for taxation calls?
- No, both VAT and U.S. tax are calculated on behalf of the developer, and this service is free.
- Are all types of products and businesses supported?
- No, view the terms of service for business restrictions. Also only certain product codes are supported for purchases at this time. Please refer to this link.
- Is there a minimum price or maximum price a product/app may cost?
- In USD, the minimum price is $0.95 and the maximum price is $50,000.
- Are ACH direct deposit methods into bank accounts supported for payment of my proceeds?
- Currently, only PayPal accounts are supported for payment of developer proceeds.
- What credit cards should I use to test the commerce system?
There are some generally acceptable and well-known testing-only credit cards. These should only be used in the testing environment. If used in the production environment, it will increase the fraud score for the indicated consumer.
VISA 4111111111111111, MasterCard: 5555555555554444, AMEX 378282246310005
Use a valid date and CCV of 111.
- Will customers receive an email?
- Yes, users will receive email notifications outlining the details of their purchases, including refund status.
- How do I test my store?
- To test the flow the consumer will experience, you should enable Commerce Services and set up your store in the testing environment. API calls should be made to create a cart and purchase for a consumer. In the test environment only, use “testing credit cards.”
- Do customers have to register with Intel® Identity Services to make purchases?
- Yes, it is a requirement for consumers to register through Intel Identity Services and approve the usage of their payment information for any purchase through Commerce Services.
- What languages are supported?
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
- How and when do I get my money?
- Intel pays out once a month to your PayPal account.
- Where do I see my commerce transactions?
- The transactions can be seen in the Intel Cloud Services portal