- What is Intel® Premier Support?
- Where is Intel Premier Support?
- Who is eligible for Intel® Premier Support?
- A log-in is required. If I don't have a log-in, how do I obtain one?
- Obtaining product updates
- How do I submit an issue to Intel® Premier Support?
Intel® Premier Support is an interactive web site where Intel® Software Development Product customers can do the following:
- Submit questions, problems, and other technical support issues
- Monitor previously-submitted issues.
Every purchase of an Intel® Software Development Product includes a year of support services, which provides access to Intel® Premier Support.
If you currently access support services, you can download any version of the software from Intel Registration Center, and you can submit questions and problems on your product through the Intel Premier Support web site.
Once your support services have expired, downloads are only available to you for product versions with a Build Date on or before your license Support Expiration date. Intel's policy is to restrict your account from submitting new questions to Intel® Premier Support, but you will still be able to view and communicate on your previous Intel Premier Support issues. As soon as the expired product license has been renewed, access will be restored for downloads of all product versions, and for submitting new issues to Intel Premier Support for entitled products. You can submit issues to the user forums regardless of whether your support services have expired.
A login is required. If I don't have a login, how do I obtain one?
If you have registered your Intel Software Development Product, your registration log-in should apply to Intel Premier Support as well.
If you have not registered your product, go to the Intel® Registration Center and register (product serial number required).
If you have registered, but you did not select the free technical support, return to the Intel Registration Center, log-in, re-register the same serial number and email address in the Register a Product box, and choose the Support Account link on the Serial Number Information page.
If you still have problems signing up for support, contact us.
Product updates are now available from the Intel Registration Center.
- Login to the Intel Registration Center by entering your log-in ID and password in the Log-in section on the right-side of the web page.
- Click the link under Download Latest Update for the product of interest.
- A detailed description of the files included in the product will be displayed. Click on the hyperlink for each file you wish to download.
If your current license has not expired, you do not need a different license file. Your license will be detected by the install and will work with releases created during your support service period.
For support service license purchase/ renewal information, please go to the Purchasing Information site.
Once you have logged in, the left channel will always have links to the various features of the tool. Follow these steps to submit an issue:
- Click Submit Issues in the left channel.
- Choose product type from the Product Type dropdown box. For Intel® Software Products, choose Development Environment (tools, SDV, EAP) as the product type. Please note that Intel Premier Support product type is for reporting problems with the Premier Support site itself and not for product support.
- From the Product Name dropdown box, choose the product about which you want to submit the issue.
- Enter a head-line type description of the problem or question in the Issue Title box.
- Enter a detailed question, or problem description in the Question box. This description must contain sufficient information for engineering to characterize the problem. Examples of information that is generally required are: versions of all software related to the problem, an accurate description of the steps needed to reproduce the problem, and a description of the hardware and operating system used. Put yourself in the receiving engineer's shoes. Think about the information you would need if you were trying to understand the user's environment to help them solve a problem.
- Choose Request Type from the dropdown box (e.g., Documentation Error, Feature Request, Problem Report, etc.).
- Click Submit Issue or Submit Issue/Upload Files button depending on where you have a file to attach with the issue or not. If you chose Submit Issue/Upload Files then attach the file(s) to the issue (for instance a test case, or screen shot, etc.).
- Once you submit the issue, you will get an issue number that will enable you to track the issue.