Yes, you read correctly, over the last few days, I fixed problems in the remote file system feature for Microsoft Internet Explorer 8. It just so happens that within Intel, it still seems to be the standard browser for most people and, thanks to recent bug reports, I had to go back to one of my Windows XP machines and make sure the site worked with IE8. There was a bunch of problems, but all focused on the remote file system feature.
First, files would simply not show up... then you could not download files... then you could not upload files. 3 separate problems and in all cases, IE8 just did things differently. In any case, I am happy to report that everything seems to be fixed and working correctly.
I also submitted a few new applications to Appup.com, we will see how that goes. In order to submit applications now, you need to have them signed and so, I requested a developer certificate to sign my applications. I figured I would sign all other them from now on, so except the applications on opentools.homeip.net to start being signed starting with the next version.