Features / Description
The sample demonstrates shallow water solver implemented with the OpenCL™ technology. The Shallow Water sample relies on flux splitting method for solving the approximated Navier-Stokes equations. The algorithm operates on 2D maps of velocity and height, calculates updated maps for the next time step. The updated maps are rendered with pixel and vertex shaders (Microsoft DirectX* 10).
It also demonstrates a CPU-optimized implementation of the shallow water fluid effects and shows how to perform the following:
- Implement calculation kernels using OpenCL C99
- Parallelize these kernels by running several work-groups in parallel
- Organize host-device data exchange
- Visualize results using pixel and vertex shaders (Microsoft DirectX* 10)
Supported Devices: CPU, Intel® Processor Graphics
Supported OS: Windows* OS
Complexity Level: Advanced
Refer to the sample release notes for information on system requirements.
For more information about the sample refer to the sample User's Guide inside the sample package.
* OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.