Installing Adobe AIR on Intel Moblie Internet Devices (MIDs)
As of December 4, 2008 Adobe AIR for Linux is still in Beta, but should be released before the end of the month. You can install the runtime on your MID or Linux netbook by doing the following
- Get the runtime here. You can either download the runtime directly on your MID, or put it on a USB thumb drive and copy it, etc.
- Launch an xterm window. How you do this depends on what device you have. The generic Midinux build for Jax10 has an Fn+P keyboard shortcut.
- Navigate to the directory where the AIR runtime installer is located.
- If necessary, make it executable: $>chmod +x <name of the AIR runtime install file>
- Run it: $>./<name of the AIR runtime install file>. )The install process will prompt you for superuser credentials if you don't already have them.)Be
By default, the AIR application installer will be installed at /opt/Adobe\ AIR/Versions/1.0/airappinstaller. (The version directory may change because soon-to-be released version is 1.5.). You can launch the AIR application installer by doing one of the following:
1. Type the full path of the installer:
2. Create a shortcut to the installer so that it is in the PATH:
$>sudo ln -s /opt/Adobe\ AIR/Versions/1.0/airappinstaller /usr/bin
Launching the installer this way will allow you to navigate to an AIR application that you wish to install.
For information on how to integrate the AIR application installer with the home screen UI, go here.