The Android* x86 Emulator Image Add-on requires the Android SDK to be installed. Please refer to the Android developer website (http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html) for Android SDK installation instructions. The Android SDK Manager allows you to download and install the Intel® Atom™ Android x86 Emulator Image Add-on. Follow the steps bellow:
- Start the Android SDK Manager program.
- Under Packages → Android 2.3.3 (API 10), check the box to select Intel Atom x86 System Image by Intel Corporation.
- Once selected, click on the "Install Package" button, as shown below:
(Note: You may have more than one package to install, based on other packages that you or the Android SDK Manager program pre-select.)
- Review the Intel Corporation license agreement. If you accept the terms, select the "Accept" option and click on the "Install" button, as shown below.
- At this point, the Android SDK Manager will download and install the add-on to your Android SDK add-ons folder (<sdk>/add-ons/ ). The download and install will take several minutes, depending on your connection speed.
- Verify that the Intel Atom x86 System Image by Intel Corporation is shown as "Installed" under the Status column, as shown below:
- Under the "Tools" Menu, select "Manage AVDs...", as shown below:
- The Android Virtual Device Manager window should appear. Select the "New" button.
- Enter a name for your virtual device in the Name field. Note, spaces are not allowed in the name.
- Select "Intel Atomx86 System Image (Intel Corporation) – API Level 10" from the drop down list of the Target field, as shown below:
- Once you select your configuration settings, click on the the "Create AVD" button.
- The new virtual device should appear on the Android Virtual Device Manager. Select the new device and click on the "Start..." button, as shown below:
- The Launch Options window should appear. Select the screen size and dpi for your system. Otherwise, the emulator might exceed the dimensions of your viewing screen. Click on the "Launch" button, as shown below:
- After a few moments, the emulator should launch and you should see the screen below:
- For further instructions on how to use the Android Emulator, visit: http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/devices/emulator.html