Intel® ArBB 1.0 Beta Bug Fixes List
The list below summarizes specific customer issues or feature requests that have been addressed by the indicated product releases. Some items span multiple architectures and/or operating systems and some relate only to a single architecture or operating system.
NOTE: The issues, defects, bug reports, and feature requests summarized below represent specific issues with specific test cases. An item listed here does not imply that it necessarily applies to your application(s). If your situation does not match the specific test case associated with an item in this list you may not have experienced the problem associated with that update. It is not possible to describe the details of every issue and its specific test case within these tables.
Providing a complete description of each item in the tables below is impractical. For that reason we ask that you post a request for more information on the Intel® ArBB user forum and reference this page and the item of interest, when you have questions regarding specific items in these tables. Where additional information is available the item will contain a link to the detailed explanation in the Intel ArBB forum or knowledgebase.
These tables are updated regularly to correct any errors and omissions.
Intel® ArBB 1.0 Beta 6 (Aug 2011)
- Fixed problem in handling out-of-bound accesses in the gather operation.
- Fixed problem of cast operator not producing expected results when casting from f32 to i64/u64.
- Fixed errors in nested::repeat().
- Fixed problem of the VM function arbb_begin_function() failing in the immediate mode.
- Fixed problem of ArBB scalar variables being opaque in Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2010 debugger integration.
- Fixed problem in debugger integration for GDB 7.2.
- Fixed errors in the complex number code sample in the User Guide.
- Fixed problem of mismatched container shapes causing dynamic compilation error.
- Fixed inconsistencies in documentation about building and running samples.
- Fixed problem of getting a component of a dense container causing dynamic compilation errors.
- Fixed const correctness issues in some functions and operators.
- Fixed problem of no compile time error for using uncaptured type as the condition in a _for loop.
- Fixed problem of spurious warnings when compile using the GCC compiler.
- Fixed const correctness issues for member functions of range and const_range.
- Fixed problems of dense<T>::get() and dense<T>::set() only taking constants as the second parameter.
- Fixed problem of not checking the value of ARBB_MAX_HEAP against the value of ARBB_INIT_HEAP.
- Fixed problem of unexpected behavior of arbb::add_merge().
Intel® ArBB 1.0 Beta 5 (May 2011)
- Fixed multiple issues related to using control flow statements inside elemental functions.
- Fixed multiple issues related to neighbor() and position().
- Fixed problem of code fail to compile if clamp() operator is used.
- Fixed problem of expect_size() causing assertion failures.
- Fixed crashes caused by empty bodies of control flows.
- Fixed crashes when using dense::length() or dense::num_cols() inside elemental functions
- Fixed problem of nested<T>::repeat() failing to compile.
- Fixed problem of nested::parse() returning 'feature incomplete' exception at run time
- Fixed problem of environment variables ARBB_INIT_HEAP and ARBB_MAX_HEAP not being recognized. (Only a problem with the development libs. Deployment libs do not support environment variables.)
- Fixed problem of ARBB_ELTWISE_* macros being broken for operator-.
- Fixed name clashing problem when using ‘c’ for _for loop induction variable.
- Fixed incorrect expansion of the conditional statement of the _while statement.
- Fixed problem of CT_ERROR_DETAILS_ARGUMENT_ASSERT macro (part of the VM API) causing misleading error messages.
- Enabled use of multiple cores ("O3" mode) by default.
- Fixed problem of raytracing sample failing on Sandy Bridge with GCC compiler.
- Fixed broken debugger links in the Start menu on Windows.
- Fixed problem of logic reduce operators (xor_reduce, ior_reduce, and_reduce) failing for 1D dense.
- Fixed problem of casting from f32 to i64/u64 not producing expected results.
- Fixed problem of get_neighbor(), min() and max() failing in immediate mode on boolean types.
- Fixed crashes when typecasting return values of neighbor() operations.
- Fixed problem of mul_reduce and add_reduce on 1D dense failing in the O3 mode.
- Fixed problem of gather() not handling out-of-bounds conditions correctly.
- Fixed crashes caused by unpack() on nested containers.
- Many quality improvements for documentation (the User Guide, the Reference Manual, and the VM API spec).
Intel® ArBB 1.0 Beta 4 (Feb 2011)
DPD200164220 dim3 fails with f64 during capture
DPD200164671 Performance improvement for some samples
DPD200164923 Enable AVX256 code generation
Intel® ArBB 1.0 Beta 3 (December 2010)
DPD200162130 arbb::shift() not giving correct result when shift distance is a positive value
DPD200162952 Improved documentation for expect_size, finish, and scope_timer
DPD200162950 ArBB environment variables are not documented in the API reference manual
Intel® ArBB 1.0 Beta 2 (November 2010)
DPD200161225 Unexpected values for ARBB_OPT_LEVEL lead to crash
DPD200162074 Limitation of 64 maximum arguments to ArBB functions
DPD200161221 Speedup for raytracing code sample is suspicious
DPD200161219 Problem size set to small for raytracing code sample
DPD200195815 Sample code is statically built for small problem size which may lead to bogus speedup
DPD200161351 Unallocated dense container passed as output but unused inside a function causes a failure
DPD200161224 Code sample using arbb::map() in the User Guide does not compile
DPD200162331 Improvement to the support of complex numbers
DPD200161528 arbb::array elements cannot be inspected in GDB
DPD200161269 Default value for ARBB_OPT_LEVEL is not documented correctly in the User's Guide
DPD200161222 Wrong path name for tools/set_env scripts in the User Guide for Linux
DPD200161283 Crucial information invisible to viewers in the API manual
DPD200161227 Ct beta 2 screenshot is used in the User Guide for ArBB
DPD200161226 Unsupported optimization level should not be documented