Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA) has been created to help graphics developers analyze and optimize the performance of both Microsoft DirectX* applications and Android* OpenGL-ES* applications (limited to Android* applications running on phones and tablets based upon Intel processors).
The rest of this article describes the different tools and how to download the product for your development platform.
The different tools within the Intel GPA tool suite are based upon different logical analysis tasks that are typically performed by graphics application developers:
- System Analysis (Intel GPA System Analyzer or Intel GPA System Analyzer HUD)
- This tool allows for application-specific, real-time CPU/GPU analysis. Available performance overrides can pinpoint system performance issues, and can help determine whether your application is CPU-bound or GPU-bound.
- Frame Analysis (Intel GPA Frame Analyzer)
- Use this tool to perform a deep-dive frame analysis of workloads, asset exploration, and shader editing. Various performance overrides can help pinpoint specific performance issues in the rendering pipeline.
- Platform Analysis (Intel GPA Platform Analyzer)
- The tool is a powerful component for trace analysis of CPU/GPU performance metrics, API call tracing, code execution, CPU/GPU usage, and task data. You can also debug task synchronization issues across multiple CPUs and the GPU.
- Frame Debugging (Intel Frame Debugger)
- Use this tool to perform real-time, in-depth exploration of OpenGL-ES* workloads. This component allows for the debugging of OpenGL-ES* API errors, as well as the exploration of textures, shaders, vertex layouts, and related shader objects.
However, the available tools depend upon your target graphics system (either Microsoft DirectX* or Android OpenGL-ES*) and your development system (either Microsoft Windows*, OS X*, or the Ubuntu* OS). Details are shown in the table below.
|Development System||Tools for Analyzing
Windows* DirectX* Workloads
|Tools for Analyzing
Android* OpenGL-ES* Workloads
|Windows* OS||System Analysis
|OS X*||(not available)||System Analysis|
|Ubuntu* OS||(not available)||System Analysis|
Downloading Intel GPA from the Intel INDE Site
This is the recommended download method, since the Intel INDE Hub automatically determines what products are available for your specific development platform. The Intel INDE Hub will also display whether Intel GPA product updates are available.
To download Intel GPA from the Intel INDE Home Page:
- Download and install the INDE Hub installer. Then, depending upon your installation platform, select one or more of the following tools to download and install:
- Intel GPA System Analyzer
- Intel GPA Frame Analyzer
- Intel GPA Platform Analyzer
- Intel Frame Debugger
- Note that installing some of the Intel GPA tools may also cause other Intel GPA tools to be installed, since some tools are bundled into a single binary.
- We recommend that you download and install as many tools as are available for your development platform.
Downloading Intel GPA from the Intel GPA Home Page
To download Intel GPA from the Intel GPA Home Page:
- For System Analysis, Frame Analysis, or Platform Analysis, download the version of Intel GPA based upon your development system (Windows* OS, OS X*, or Ubuntu* OS).
- If your development system is Windows* OS and you are analyzing Android* workloads, then you can also select and download the "Intel Frame Debugger" tool.
Tell Me More!