December 9th, 2013
Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA) is a powerful, agile developer tool suite for analyzing and optimizing games, media, and other graphics-intensive applications. The product supports applications intended for the Windows* OS platforms or Intel® Atom™ based phones running the Android* OS. The toolset is a free download from the Intel GPA Home Page.
Available now, Intel GPA 2013 R4 adds these key features:
- Added support for mobile devices based on Intel® processor codenamed Bay Trail:
- Intel® GPA System Analyzer System View feature is now available:
- Intel® GPA Frame Analyzer can now analyze OpenGL* ES workloads, including geometry and texture viewers, OpenGL* ES state visualizations, what-if optimization experiments.
You can find the full list of the metrics available on these graphics systems in the Intel GPA Online Help. For more information about the newest processors and graphics systems from Intel, see this page.
- Intel® GPA System Analyzer now supports the Null Hardware override feature for Android* workloads.
- Intel® GPA Frame Analyzer now supports two additional visualization modes in the render target viewer for Microsoft DirectX* workloads: Pixel Hotspots and Heatmap.
The product also adds other minor enhancements and stability improvements, so all users should download and install this latest version of the product from the Intel GPA Home Page.
To find out more about the Intel® GPA tool suite, check out one or more of these online resources:
- Intel GPA Home Page: The product's home site provides detailed information about the tool, including links to training and support resources, as well as videos on the product to help you get started quickly.
- Intel GPA Online Help: A web-based version of the product documentation, providing details on the product tools and metrics for various platforms. Depending on the type of your analysis system, choose one of the following documents:
- Intel GPA Release Notes: Detailed product requirements, installation information, legal information, and version-specific technical issues and workarounds for the product.
- Intel GPA Support Forum: Browse to this page to ask questions or report issues about the product, or let us know what other features would help make the tools more useful for your work-flow.
- Intel GPA Knowledge Base Articles: A list of useful technical articles, including tips & tricks and workarounds to help you get the most out of the product.
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor (code name Haswell): Provides an overview of the latest processors from Intel, including detailed information about the architecture. Also, you'll find a Graphics Developers Guide showing how to optimize your games and graphics applications for systems based on this architecture.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.