As a member of the Intel® Developer Zone your participation is recognized through the Intel® Black Belt Software Developer program. When participating in the Intel® Developer Zone, your company may also receive recognition as an Intel® Software Partner.
Intel® Software Partner and Intel® Black Belt Software Developer is a ranking and recognition system designed to indicate the quality and quantity of contributions & engagement made by members.
Individual Contribution and Recognition
1. Intel will set up a contribution account to record points earned by each member for contributions made. A member can earn points by contributing to the Intel Developer Zone. To record points the member needs to login to the Intel Developer Zone.
2. You will earn points based on the contributions you make to the Intel Developer Zone by checking code enhanced for Intel platforms, submitting your applications, content, profile, sample code, videos, articles, white papers, posts, blogs, comments, ratings, and contest entries during a membership year.
3. You are required to obtain a set number of points to achieve a certain status and different levels of recognition and rewards. Each of these may change at any time and we may provide you with different or more specific terms, in which case the more specific terms will apply to awarding points and also the recognition and rewards.
4. Points will be awarded and accumulated for different types of contributions, for example sample code, videos, articles, white papers, posts, blogs, comments, ratings, contest entries, as described in the Intel Black Belt Software Developer FAQ page at http://software.intel.com/en-us/blackbelt .
5. Membership Levels and Prizes: The Intel® Software Partner and Intel® Black Belt Software Developer has 4 different individual membership levels with following requirements for eligibility and benefits:
5.1. Intel Green Belt Software Developer:
Benefit: The title 'Intel Green Belt Software Developer' recognizes a member's regular contribution to the Intel Developer Zone communities by having the 'Intel® Green Belt Software Developer' icon displayed on their user profile.
Requirement: A member accumulates at least 50 points within 12 months from the date of enrollment into the Intel Black Belt Software Developer.
Re-qualification: A member accumulates at least 50 points within 12 months from the date of qualification as an Intel Green Belt Software Developer.
5.2. Intel Brown Belt Software Developer:
Benefit: The title 'Intel Brown Belt Software Developer' recognizes the value a member brings to the Intel Developer Zone by actively contributing to the community. These members get an 'Intel® Brown Belt Software Developer' icon displayed on their profile and also get a book of their choice from an available selection of books of an approximate retail value of US$50. (Awarded once when a member qualifies), The available selection of books includes any book from Intel Press OR any ebook from oReilly.com.
Requirement: A member accumulates at least 500 points within 12 months from the date of qualification as an Intel Green Belt Software Developer.
Re-qualification: A member accumulates at least 500 points within 12 months from the date of qualification as an Intel Brown Belt Software Developer.
5.3. Intel Red Belt Software Developer:
Benefit: The title 'Intel Red Belt Software Developer' recognizes the leadership a member brings to the Intel Developer Zone by actively contributing to the community. These members get an 'Intel® Red Belt Software Developer' icon displayed on their profile and also get a book of their choice from an available selection of books of an approximate retail value US$150, (Awarded once when a member qualifies). The available selection of books includes any book from Intel Press OR any ebook from oreilly.com.
Requirement: A member accumulates at least 5000 points within 12 months from the date of qualification as an Intel Brown Belt Software Developer.
Re-qualification: A member accumulates at least 5000 points within 12 months from the date of qualification as an Intel Red Belt Software Developer.
5.4. Intel® Black Belt Software Developer:
The title ‘Intel® Black Belt Software Developer’ is awarded to a member of Intel Developer Zone who is nominated to this status by an Intel panel of experts based on quality, quantity, knowledge and technical expertise that members bring to the Intel communities. The following criteria are considered for a nomination as well as re-nomination after 12 months:
- Technical expertise
- Regular discussion forum activity
- Guidance and support provided to other community members
- Submission of content
- Overall community participation.
Benefit: The Black Belt title is the highest level of individual recognition. Each member to this tier will be appointed by the Intel panel of experts and receive the following benefits when they initially join:
- Welcome gift: jacket OR laptop bag with Intel logo (Awarded once when a member is nominated, approximate retail value: US$70).
- A plaque honoring the member’s status as Intel Black Belt Software Developer. (Awarded once when a member is nominated).
- One laptop with a high-end Intel microprocessor available at that time of an approximate retail value of US$1800. This laptop is awarded only once at the first time a member qualifies as an Intel Black Belt Software Developer, and is not awarded for re-qualifying.
- Free pass to Intel Developer Forum (approximate retail value varies by country: up to US$1,600). (Awarded for every year of nomination).
- Personal profile featured on the Intel Developer Zone 'Hall of fame' recognition page.
- An interview/ video interview published on Intel Developer Zone.
- Opportunity to meet Intel engineers at 'meet & greet' Intel events and seminars (travel expenses to take advantage of such opportunity may have to be paid for by the member). (Awarded for every year of nomination).
- Opportunity to host a blog on Intel Developer Zone.
5.5. Intel Black Belt Software Developer Spontaneous Recognition Award:
This is a spontaneous recognition award to recognize members who demonstrate exceptional community support, show commitment and encourage innovation. There is no defined frequency or obligation to award this prize. Prizes will be determined in Intel’s sole discretion on a case-by-case basis.
5.6. Members will be notified about changes to the level of their membership and prizes awarded by email.
5.7. Points expire, if the relevant contribution account is closed or the Intel® Black Belt Software Developer ends.
5.8. If you no longer meet the minimum required criteria for your current membership level, you will not re-qualify for your current membership status, and you will be re-assigned or downgraded to the appropriate qualifying tier of membership without notice. You will still be required to meet the downgraded level's requirements. Your contribution account will be updated accordingly.
5.9. You may be required to sign and return releases of liability, declarations of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreements, within five (5) days of acknowledged notification of prizes and rewards. If a member cannot be contacted, is ineligible (under these rules or due to a failure to comply with any of the other applicable policies, licenses, rules, and terms of service, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed releases/agreements as required), prizes and rewards may be forfeited, at Intel's discretion. Physical prizes awarded for the winning entries will be sent to developers within six (6) weeks from the date of the notification email or confirmation of the winning developer's physical address, whichever is later.
5.10. Prizes and rewards are personal to the developer submitting the contributions and achieving a particular membership level and cannot normally be transferred. All prizes and rewards are subject to availability and they may change at any time. Intel may award substitute prizes and rewards of equal or greater value.
5.11. The developer accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the prizes and rewards. The developer shall be solely responsible to obtain all permissions and authorizations to collect and receive the prize in accordance with the laws of the developer's country of residence. This program is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws. If the developer is a resident of a country in Latin America, cash prizes will be replaced by goods and/or services of equal value in Intel's sole discretion.
5.12. Intel does not provide any warranty on the prizes and rewards. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Intel specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the prizes and rewards, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
5.13. Our only responsibilities with respect to the Intel® Black Belt Software Developer are set out in these rules which are subject to the laws of Delaware. We will only be liable to a member who suffers loss as a result of our breach of these rules and, if so, our sole liability will be to credit to the relevant contribution account any points which have been wrongly deducted or should have been credited but were not. These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
5.14. If Intel improperly denies you any prizes, rewards or points, Intel's entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes, rewards and points as set forth above. By participating, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
5.15. If for any reason this program is not capable of operating as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Intel which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this program, Intel reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry or voting process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the program.
5.16. Intel assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Intel is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Intel on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to developer's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this program or downloading any materials in this program.
5.17. The promoter of this program is Intel. The program is administered by: Intel Corporation Software & Services Group - Intel Developer Zone 2111 NE 25th Ave, Hillsboro OR 97124, USA
Organizational Contribution and Recognition
6. You can accumulate points for your organization. Details can be found at http://software.intel.com/en-us/membershiplevels
7. There are also three levels of organizational membership. Membership qualification criteria for these levels can be found at http://software.intel.com/en-us/membershiplevels
7.1. Intel® Software Premier Elite Partner
7.2. Intel® Software Premier Partner
7.3. Intel® Software Registered Partner
8. Membership Terminology
As a Intel Software Partner member you may only use the Intel Software Partner name and your company’s membership level designation in text or speech in accordance with the trademarks and brands guidelines located at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/program-terminology
Qualifying Points: Membership qualification criteria include the requirement for your company to earn qualifying points and complete certain activities to move between membership levels. Details of how to earn qualifying points, eligible activities, maximum earning amounts, the minimum number of qualifying points required for each membership level, and any additional qualifying points rules are available via the Intel® Developer Zone website at http://software.intel.com/en-us/membershiplevels and are subject to change by Intel at any time and at Intel’s sole discretion. If Intel makes such changes to membership qualification criteria, you will be informed by email or notifications on the Intel® Developer Zone website, or both. You may qualify for a membership level by earning the required number of qualifying points as described in the membership rules at http://software.intel.com/en-us/membershiplevels, together with any additional membership qualification criteria, within your current membership term (duration) as defined (as defined in section 10 herein).
9. MEMBERSHIP TERM, CHANGES, AND TERMINATION
These Terms and Conditions will be effective from the “Effective Date.” You will receive written or electronic notice from Intel stipulating the date your membership becomes effective (“Effective Date”). Your membership will expire four (4) full quarters following the Effective Date, unless earlier terminated pursuant to Intel® Developer Zone Additional Terms. After four (4) full quarters following the Effective Date, Intel will review your current membership status and may extend the term for an additional four (4) full quarter term, provided that you have met the qualification criteria and associated conditions for membership and are otherwise in compliance with these terms and conditions.