Software Assessment Tools Announcement
All good things must get upgraded. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that we are enhancing the Intel® Developer Zone Software Assessments in 2013.
What is coming?
In 2013, we are introducing a new software assessment suite that combines the Intel® Concurrency Checker and the Intel® Power Checker into one application. The new software assessment suite will analyze your software’s performance and power efficiency for targeted Intel® technologies.
If you have any questions or concerns, please review the FAQ’s below or contact support.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will the existing Software Assessment Tools be removed? Which ones will be removed?
- All 3 existing Software Assessment Tools (the Intel® Concurrency Checker, Intel® Power Checker and, Intel® Manageability Checker) will be removed from the website on December 21, 2012. After December 21, you will no longer be able to download the Software Assessment Tools or submit new Tool Report Files.
- When will the new Software Assessment suite become available?
- The new software assessment suite will become available in 2013.
- Why is the Intel® Developer Zone replacing the Software Assessment Tools?
- We are making numerous improvements to the tool that will make your software analysis faster and easier to manage. More details will be announced closer to the launch of the new software assessment suite.
- How will I be notified about the availability of the new software assessment suite?
- Intel® Developer Zone members that have opted in to receive communications will be notified by email. You can update your communication preferences in your user profile. You can also stay up to date via our online community—the Software Business Network—or following us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Will I lose my previous results when the current software assessment tool is removed?
- No. All assessment results completed before December 21 will remain available to users.
- How can I unlock resources that require a Software Assessment that meets suggested values?
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to unlock any resources that require a software assessment if you don’t already have one completed. This activity will resume when the new software assessments are available in 2013.
- How can I unlock the Intel® Co-Marketing Identifier without the Intel® Concurrency Checker?
- After December 21st 2012, you will not be able to unlock the Intel® Co-Marketing Identifier until the new software assessment suite becomes available in 2013.
- Since the Software Assessment Tools are being removed, how do I earn the points to become an Intel® Software Premier Elite Partner?
- There are a variety of activities that may provide points towards your membership tier, such as commenting on blogs and forums and completing a Partner Finder listing. Please review your dashboard for recommendations or check the membership levels FAQ page.
- I was close to getting an upgrade and now I am unable to upgrade without the software assessment tool. What are my options?
- Please email Support and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
- Will I be downgraded if I don’t complete all the steps required during this period?
- No. We will be extending your current Membership Period until the new software assessment suite is launched.