After installing the product release of the Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 software, you may find that the Visual Studio 2010* documentation still includes references to the beta software, if you were a beta tester. Follow these steps to update the documentation:
- Launch Visual Studio* 2010 Help Library Manager
From the Start menu, select "Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Manage Help Settings":
Or, from within Visual Studio 2010, select "Help -> Manage Help Settings":
If you see the following message:
you do not belong to the "HelpLibraryUpdaters" group. This group is defined by Visual Studio and if you do not belong to this group, the Help Library Manager will start in view-only mode. You need to either log in as a member of this group or as Administrator to continue.
- Select "Remove content"
- Press the "Remove" link for the "Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011" item and then press the "Remove" button
- Wait for completion and press "Finish" then "Exit"
This step removes the old VTune Amplifier XE topics from the Visual Studio 2010* Help.
- Open the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 command prompt
- Execute the command "amplxe-vsreg –i 2010" and wait for completion
This step performs de-integration and re-integration of VTune Amplifier XE with Visual Studio 2010*, thus causing the new documentation to be incorporated.