GPA 2.2 has been released with a few major pieces of new functionality. First and foremost, GPA now supports DX10 across the entire tool suite. You can now analyze DX10 games with both the System Analyzer and Frame Analyzer. Secondly, GPA fully supports Windows7. Finally, System Analyzer now supports "frame based" metric counting. Metrics in System Analyzer are no longer displayed in charts based on time, they are now displayed simply per frame.
The major features within the GPA Frame Analyzer that have been extended to support DX10 are:
1) Erg Bar Chart: GS duration per draw call (along with VS and PS from DX9).
2) Erg Bar Chart: GS duration within the GPU Breakdown chart option - now supports VS, GS, and PS all at the same time.
3) Scene Overview Spreadsheet View: GS duration metrics along with VS and PS can be added as columns.
4) Details Tab: GS duration is displayed as a cumulative sum across all selected draw calls.
5) Shader Tab: Each GS is displayed and can be modified.
6) DX State Tab: All DX10 states are available for viewing and modification.
Remember, if you modify any resources in the GPA Frame Analyzer, the tool displays for you both the performance impact of your change (bar chart and scene overview) as well as the visual impact of your change (render target viewer).
Download GPA 2.2 today on the GPA webpage.
Remember that GPA is free!