- Explore the benefits and challenges of building scalable applications for the cloud
- Use open source to target Android, iPhone and other mobile platforms
- Understand how and when to use NoSQL databases
- Use open source effectively as part of your business strategy
- Learn how to foster contribution and adoption of your open source projects
On Today's Show:
SunGard Chief Technology Officer, Don Tyson.
SunGard is one of the world’s leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 20,000 employees and serves 25,000 customers in 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, higher education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue exceeding $5 billion, SunGard is ranked 380 on the Fortune 500 and is the largest privately held business software and IT services company.
Don discussed the impact that optimizing his application for massively parallel processing has had on his business with dramatic reductions in the time it takes to reconcile transactions. We also talked about Sungard's software development methodology, what he looks for in new technical hires, Sungard's transition from C+ to .Net. and what it takes for Sungard to stay ahead of the curve.
And remember, let's be thread safe out there.