You have put in hard work to develop and submit your app for validation to get your app listed in the Intel AppUp (SM) center. You are eager to know detailed validation results. You get all the details from Validation Reports accessible from “My Dashboard”. The report is now richer and provides developers with more information required to troubleshoot the application. Let me provide you detailed directions for:
- Accessing the validation report through “My Dashboard” through the Intel AppUp (SM) Developer Program account.
- Understanding the different elements of the validation report.
- Setting language of preference for the report.
Where do I find the Validation Report?
The validation report has a wealth of information that helps developers in understanding the requirements and provides suggestions on how to improve the app. A validation report is provided in both Published and Rejected status. If your app was published, the validation report will indicate all requirements against which it passed together with suggestions if any. In case of app rejection, reading through the detailed report will help identify the problem, reproduce it and troubleshoot with minimum effort. Validation of apps follows a transparent process and guidelines that are published on http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/validation-guidelines and the report indicates the sequence of these test steps that were conducted to validate the app.
In order to access the validation report:
- Login to your account.
- Through “My Dashboard”, select “My Applications”.
- Expand the application that you would like to get the report for.
- Click on “Test Results” link in the Status History.
- The Validation Report is now available as a PDF file.
How should I read this report?
From the sample report shown here, I will highlight the different components of the report:
- The name of the application is at the top left corner together with the Global Unique Identifier (GUID) and version of the app.
- The “Submitted” field to the right indicates the date that the app was submitted to validation.
- The “Report Created” date is the date that validation was completed for this app and the report generated.
- The “Summary” section gives a snapshot of all the requirements the app was tested against and the final result. The links in green suggest the validation requirements against which the app passed. The ones in red are requirements against which it failed.
- The sections following the “Summary” explain each passed and failed requirement in detail. The failure sections (if any) also provide clear steps to reproduce the problem and also provide screenshots of the error.
- If you think the app was rejected in error, the footnote provides instructions on how to appeal with additional details.
How do I choose the language for the report?
The validation report is now available in English, French, Spanish, German and Italian. In order to select the preferred language for the report:
- Login to your account on appdeveloper.intel.com
- Click on the profile name which is available at the top of the page:
- In “Your Account” section, click “Edit” and select the language of choice in the drop box and save changes.