Download Entire Articles
- Intel® MPSS 2.1 Users: Download Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor Developer's Quick Start Guide [PDF 763KB]
- Intel® MPSS 3.1 Users: Download Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor Developer's Quick Start Guide for MPSS 3.1 [PDF 783KB]
- Microsoft* Windows: Download Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor Developer's Quick Start Guide for Windows [PDF 1 MB]
This document will help you get started writing code and running applications on a system (host) that includes the Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor based on the Intel® Many Integrated Core Architecture (Intel® MIC Architecture). It describes the available tools and includes simple examples to show how to get C/C++ and Fortran-based programs up and running. For now, the developer will have to cut/paste the examples provided in the document to their system.
This document is available at http://software.intel.com/mic-developer under the "Overview"tab.
This document does:
- Walk you through the Intel® Manycore Platform Software Stack (Intel® MPSS) installation.
- Introduce the build environment for software enabled to run on Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor .
- Give an example of how to write code for Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor and build using Intel® Composer XE 2013.
- Demonstrate the use of Intel libraries like the Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL).
- Point you to information on how to debug and profile programs running on an Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor .
- Share some best known methods (BKMs) developed by users at Intel.
This document does not:
- Cover each tool in detail. Please refer to the user guides for the individual tools.
- Provide in-depth training.