Develop, emulate, test-on-device and build apps like never
Build Cross-Platform Applications
Get started on your app ideas now.Download Intel® XDK
Built on web technologies
- No browser or Java* dependencies
- Runs on Microsoft Windows* 7, 8, Apple OS X* and Linux*
More creation options
- Brackets* editor integration with syntax help and auto-completion
- New drag & drop UI tool enables Bootstrap*, JQuery Mobile*, and AppFramework
- Easier access to build system
- Apache Cordova* 2.9 support for Apple iOS*, Android*, and Microsoft Windows* 8 stores
- Updated Apache Ripple* device emulator
- App Framework UI compatible with jQuery*
- Remote debugging on device with Apache Weinre*
The Intel® XDK
Intel® XDK, a no cost, integrated and front-to-back HTML5 app development environment for true cross-platform apps for multiple app stores, and form factor devices. Features in the first release included:
- Editor, Device Emulator and Debugger
- App for On-device Testing
- APIs for game developers with accelerated canvas
- Prototype GUI quick-start wizard
- Installs on Microsoft Windows*, Apple OS X*, Ubuntu* Linux
- Intel cloud-based build system for most app stores
- No need to download Native Platform SDKs
In addition to support for the popular Apache Cordova* API, the Intel® XDK provides an extended API (the intel.xdk API) that includes features that are not currently available in the Cordova open source project. The Intel XDK includes:
- Facebook* login API
- Android* multi-touch
- OAuth support
- Enhanced audio
- Accelerated canvas
Here’s what’s updated...
NEW App Framework UI jQuery plugin
- Removes conflicts with App Framework
- Enables jQuery to be used with App Framework UI
- No need to port plugins or legacy code
Read what other users are saying or provide feedback by visiting our forums. Topics include the following:
- Intel® HTML5 Development Announcements
- Getting Started
- App Framework
- App Game Interface
- ... and more
Start with Samples
- Scalable & Responsive
- Platform Agnostic & Platform Specific
- Editor & App Designer/App Starter compliant
Get the Intel® XDK
The Intel® XDK is for developers who wish to use their HTML5 expertise to build hybrid HTML5 apps for mobile devices and other platforms that host HTML5 web apps. To get started you must first download and install the Intel XDK on your Microsoft Windows* 7, 8, Apple OS X* or Linux* development system.
Emulate, Debug and Test
Intel XDK makes it easy for developers to check the look and feel of their apps with on-screen emulation on a wide variety of devices. The App Tester allows you to test on a physical device.Learn How
Build for App Stores
We've compiled everything you need. Free packaging service for HTML5 apps and Apache Cordova* apps, for Android*, Microsoft Windows*, Apple iOS*, Facebook*, Amazon Kindle*, and other App Stores.Watch Now
Full emulator support with built-in Apache Ripple* emulation.
App Designer is a UI building tool. It works with multiple UI frameworks ( App Framework, Bootstrap*, jQuery Mobile* and Topcoat*), supports responsive design, has animated sidebars and crossbars, and can be used interactively with the Intel® XDK built-in code editor.
A quick-start wizard! Allows you to create an application template, specifying screen layouts, customer headers and footers, and navigation. It will generate the App Framework code for you.
A jQuery-compatible framework that gives you developers all the UX you want in a tight, fast package.
App Game Interfaces
Multi-channel sound, accelerated physics, and accelerated canvas to provide more realistic modeling and smoother gameplay.
Our tools were built using Apache Cordova* 2.9 APIs, Brackets* Editor, Apache Ripple*, and Node-webkit.
Need more help?
Visit the HTML5 Forum