Address MPI application behavior, bottlenecks, and performance with this powerful MPI software tool for Windows* and Linux*. Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector is only available as part of Intel® Cluster Studio 2013 or Intel® Cluster Studio XE 2013.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector is a graphical tool for understanding MPI application behavior, quickly finding bottlenecks, improving correctness, and achieving high performance for parallel cluster applications based on Intel architecture. New features include trace file comparison, counter data displays, extensively detailed and aligned timelines, and an MPI correctness checking library. Improve weak and strong scaling for small and large applications all with Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector MPI software.
- Visualize and understand parallel application behavior
- Evaluate profiling statistics and load balancing
- Analyze performance of subroutines or code blocks
- Learn about communication patterns, parameters, and performance data
- Identify communication hotspots
- Decrease time to solution and increase application efficiency
- A unique MPI Correctness Checker detects deadlocks, data corruption, and errors with MPI parameters, data types, buffers, communicators, point-to-point messages and collective operations.
- The Correctness Checker allows the user to scale to extremely large systems and detect errors even among a large number of processes.
Interface and Displays
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector includes full-color customizable GUI with many drill-down view options.
- The analyzer is able to extremely rapidly unwind the call stack and use debug information to map instruction addresses to source code.
- With both command-line and GUI interfaces, the user can additionally set up batch runs or do interactive debugging.
- Low overhead allows random access to portions of a trace, making it suitable for analyzing large amounts of performance data.
- Thread safety allows you to trace multithreaded MPI applications for event-based tracing as well as non-MPI threaded applications.
Instrumentation and Tracing
- Low-intrusion instrumentation supports MPI applications with C, C++, or Fortran.
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector automatically records performance data from parallel threads in C, C++, or Fortran.
Videos to help you get started.
More Tech Articles
You can reply to any of the forum topics below by clicking on the title. Please do not include private information such as your email address or product serial number in your posts. If you need to share private information with an Intel employee, they can start a private thread for you.
Intel® Trace Analyzer & Collector
Click the Learn tab for guides and links that will quickly get you started.
Get Help or Advice
Search Support Articles
Forums - The best place for timely answers from our technical experts and your peers. Use it even for bug reports.
Support - For secure, web-based, engineer-to-engineer support, visit our Intel® Premier Support web site. Intel Premier Support registration is required.
Download, Registration and Licensing Help - Specific help for download, registration, and licensing questions.
Release Notes - View Release Notes online!
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector Product Documentation - View documentation online!
Documentation for other software products