Here is another Intel® XDK update. We have quite a few new things to share in this release. First, though, a few of us from the Intel XDK team will be at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week, Feb 24, if you are there, stop by the Intel software booth in the App Planet hall, or at the WIPJam demo area. We’d love to talk with you.
Dear Steve et al. at Intel,
The code shown below fails to compile with error #6303 using Intel Fortran compiler version 18.104.22.168.
It compiles successfully with gfortran 4.9 and executes as I would expect.
Would it be possible for you to review the code for correctness using the latest version of Intel compiler and if kosher, can you please consider adding this to your tracking system?
I have implemented some code using two approaches. I am looking at the results (attached) and I can tell that the "faster" version had less branch mispredictions, less L1 instruction cache misses, less TLB misses but I cannot calculate how many CPU cycles were consumed. The total difference between the two designs is several billion instructions.
Could somebody please glance at my results and assist me in how I can determine where the "additional" CPU cycles were consumed?
These are the memory access costs I have found:
I've seen that NAG provides some options to control the output and behavior surrounding .mod files. I've poured through the documentation, and I can't find Intel's direct equivalents to these options, however I think I have an idea of some work arounds. Can someone please let me know if I have overlooked anything?
The NAG options in question are:
My C code:
When I installed the latest version of the compiler, I chose the option of still keeping the previous version. I just noticed that not all of the files were updated in the Shared Libraries folder. Can you look at the attached pdf file to see what I mean. I have not had any issues compiling or running the codes, so perhaps this is not a problem. I just want to make sure nothing got messed up during installation.
If you've used the Android SDK, you've probably noticed that Intel Atom x86 system images for the emulator have been available for a while now. You might have been frustrated with the fact that the system image didn't include access to any of the Google APIs. I have good news: Google has released an x86 system image for the Android SDK that includes the Google APIs (supporting API 19/Android 4.4.2).
I just installed the VTune Amplifier XD (2013) evaluation edition (I have had a license key ordered but I have not yet received it).
I am using the sample Jpeg Encoder from sample_encode application of Media SDK.
By default, this encoder is providing the first encoded output frame after consuming 8 input frames. So I changed the AsyncDepth value to 1 (default setting was 4). Now it generates the output frame after consuming 2 input frames but i am looking for out from first frame itself.
After debugging the code further, I found that the AsyncDepth value actually derives the size of encoder task pool (=AsyncDepth*2) which cant be set to 0.
I have been doing internet research all day and I have not been able to resolve an issue. I have a windows 7 64 bit machine with Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 and a fortran library that I am trying to compile with fortran 2013 sp1. I have OpenSSH installed on the windows machine so I am able to ssh over from a linux machine and compile the library from command line without any problems. The problem occurs when I automate this process in XML using ANT. I run the exact same script via ANT and I get the following 2 errors:
After every file: