Features / Description
This sample demonstrates that atmospheric light scattering effects which were previously available for high-end GPUs only, can now be implemented (with some simplifications) in real time using Intel 3rd Generation Integrated Graphics and produce compelling visual results. The sample demonstrates three techniques for calculating volumetric lighting effects and shows how adjusting specific parameters in each scenario affects quality and frame rate of the scene.
- CPU: (Intel® microarchictecture 3rd Gen Integrated Graphics or better suggested)
- GFX: uses Microsoft DirectX* 11 graphics API on Microsoft DirectX* 10 (or better) hardware
- OS: Microsoft Vista* or later
- MEM: 2 GB of RAM or better
- Microsoft DirectX* SDK (June 2010 release or later)
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008 or later or Intel® C++ Compiler version 11
- Microsoft* C Run-Time Libraries (CRT) 2008/2010
This software is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries (Burma, Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, Specially Designated Nationals, and entities on the Bureau of Export Administration Entity List or involved with missile technology or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons).