Features / Description
This update to the samples adds two new back ends to the original Task Manager API. The back ends replace the original implementation's use of Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) with Microsoft* Concurrency Runtime and a custom Windows* Thread-based scheduler. In addition to the new back end, mechanisms were added to allow for runtime switching between them. The new back ends and the runtime switch are applied to the previously shipped Colony, Morphological Anti-Aliasing, and Multi-Threaded Animation samples.
- CPU: Dual core or better (Intel® Core™ i5 or better suggested)
- GFX: Microsoft DirectX* 9c capable graphics card
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista* (x64 editions) or Microsoft Windows* 7 (x64 editions)
- MEM: 2 GB of RAM or better
- Microsoft DirectX* SDK (June 2010 release or later)
- Microsoft Windows* SDK May 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008 w/SP1, Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010, or Intel® C++ Compiler version 11
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks
- Microsoft* C Run-Time Libraries (CRT) 2008/2010
This software is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries (Burma, Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, Specially Designated Nationals, and entities on the Bureau of Export Administration Entity List or involved with missile technology or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons).