After installing VTune™ Amplifier XE 2013 Initial Release or Update 2 in a customized embedded Linux system, and build vtune drivers. Make sure NMI watchdog timer is disabled, then ran event-based sampling collection, it said -
# amplxe-cl -collect lightweight-hotspots -d 10
2> CPU Event configuration failed
2> Aborting sampling run ...
It was due to missing of operation system’s hooks for collecting module info, in some embedded systems. However collection should still continue.
1. Install VTune™ Amplifier XE 2013 U3 first. Maybe you will meet system hang when installing power analysis driver, for example customized Fedora Core 14
2. Need to reboot the system, however you cannot run build-driver, since its contents are empty
3. Install VTune Amplifier in another box, then copy whole vtune_amplifier_xe_2013 to the target device
4. Run build-driver & insmod-sep3
5. Use event-based sampling data collectors