I'm running into the same issue mentioned in this post:http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=64610&o=a&s=lr
After scanning a barcode in our .NET application, it appears that the literal empty string is overwritten in memory with a string containing a single zero character, '0'. This memory corruption affects the entire program and any place in code that assigned or passed the empty string (doesn't matter if it's String.Empty or ""), you now get the string "0" rather than the empty string. Here's a little background on the machine where we're seeing the issue:
- Motion Computing MC-F5 tablet device running Windows 7
- Intel MCA Platform Driver v220.127.116.11538
- The software was developed using the Intel MCA SDK v18.104.22.168538
- Launch the program
- Select the Callback radio button and click Register. You'll get a notification message that the callback was registered note that the title of the message box is empty.
- Use the hardware button on the device to scan a barcode. You'll get a notification that the data was scanned - note that the title of this message is '0'.