We have an aplication which currently sends images from a server to a client. There are about 6 cameras which the server has to grab and sends to the client. At the moment these images are uncompressed (Resolution 1280x960) and the transfer produce a lot of traffic. We have delveloped our own compression which can reduce the mount of data down to 30%, but also the framerate will strongly decrease and this is not acceptable.
Due our research, we discovered the Intel Media SDK and it seems to be that what we are looking for.
But there are still some question.
1) We are using an embedded system with an I7 on a Q67 chipset. Will the SKD, espacially Quick-Sync, works with the Q67 Chipset?
2) At the finalsystem, there will be no monitor connected. Is that a problem for the SDK?
3) At the moment, we grab an image and sends it via winsocks to the client. If I understand the SDK right, it needs some frames to produce a h.264 Video, or is it possible just to encode one frame?
4) The client system is not an Intel System. Can we use just another H.264 decoder to get our images back?
5) Is there special options for grey-images? Our cams only produce B/W-Images, so color is not important for us.
I know, this are a lot of question, but hopefully someone can awnser.