The Intel Intrinsics Guide is an interactive reference tool for Intel intrinsic instructions, which are C style functions that provide access to many Intel instructions – including Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions (Intel® SSE), Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX), and more – without the need to write assembly code.
This guide provides searching and filtering functionality, in addition to reference information for every intrinsic. Reference information includes synopsis, description, functional operation, and corresponding instruction(s).
Intel® Intrinsics Guide currently includes intrinsics for the following technologies:
- Intel® SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2
- Intel® AVX, AVX2, Fused Multiply Add (FMA)
- Intel® AVX-512
- Short Vector Math Library (SVML) [128-bit and 256-bit only]
- AES-NI, BMI1, BMI2, CFLCT, FP16C, FSGSBASE, FXSR, INVPCID, LZCNT, Intel® Memory Protection Extensions (Intel® MPX), PCLMULQDQ, POPCNT, RDRAND, RDSEED, RDTSCP, RTM, Intel® SHA Extensions, TSC, XSAVE, XSAVEOPT
In addition to these technologies, the Intrinsic Guide includes certain intrinsics that don’t correspond to a specific instruction or technology.
Download Intel® Intrinsics Guide
Latest version: 3.0.1, released 7/23/2013
Release Notes for 3.0.1
- Corrected operation code for set and setr intrinsics.
Release Notes for 3.0
- Added intrinsics for Intel® AVX-512, Intel® MPX, RDSEED, and ADX.
- Added additional latency & throughput data up through 4rd generation Intel® Core™ processor family.
- Added 148 missing intrinsics, and corrected information for 96 intrinsics.
Release Notes for 2.8.1
- Fixed description for _mm_move_ss
- Fixed parameters for _mm_max_epu32
- Replaced references of __int datatype with int
Release Notes for 2.8
- Updated descriptions and operations for all intrinsics.
- Added additional latency & throughput data up through 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor family.
Release Notes for 2.7
- Added intrinsics for SVML, BMI1, BMI2, FXSR, INVPCID, LZCNT, POPCNT, RDRAND, RDTSCP, RTM, TSC, XSAVE, XSAVEOPT.
- Added header and CPUID feature flag information for each intrinsic.
- Added Type filtering and additional Categories.
- Updated GUI.
Release Notes for 2.6.4
- Added 21 new intrinsics.
- Fixed reference information for 21 intrinsics.