This article contains links to the redistributable library packages for the Intel C++ Composer XE 2013 for Windows* and Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 for Windows.
The redistributable library packages (.msi) are for the end users who use applications that are built with Intel Compilers. Please note that there is one redistributable package for every compiler update. Make sure you download and install the one recommended by the application vendor. If you are creating your own installation you can use the Windows Installer merge module (.msm) files that are foumnd in the Redist subfolder of the Intel® C++ or Fortran Composer XE installation.
OS and prerequisite library requirements for redistributable packages for Intel® C++ Composer XE 2013 and Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 for Windows.
- Supported OS: Windows XP*, Windows 7*, Windows 8*, Windows Server 2008*, Windows HPC Server 2008*, or Windows Server 2012*
- In addition to a supported OS and Intel redistributable libraries, the target system must have either Microsoft Visual Studio with Visual C++ libraries installed OR the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable library kit installed. In addition, the target system must have the same version of Microsoft Visual C++ libraries installed as the version of Visual C++ used on the development platform when the Intel compiled application was built. Visit the Microsoft website or search the web for "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package" and find the appropriate version to match your development system.
The Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable libraries OR Visual Studio with the C++ tools (libraries) may be installed before or after the Intel compiler redistributable libraries.
The installation program of the redistributable package will guide you through the installation. You will need to accept the EULA and the installation will install all the libraries to the fixed directory.
The installation directory is: [Common Files]\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\[ia32|intel64]\compiler
The installation creates a new env-var "INTEL_DEV_REDIST" with the above installation directory, and adds the installation directory to the PATH env-var. See below for more information on PATH changes.
If you wish to install the redistributable package "silently", so that no output is presented to the user, run the executable with the following options added to the command line like:
>> w_ccompxe_redist_ia32_2013.0.089.msi /quiet /qn
System PATH Environment Variable Changes
Installation of the redistributable libraries, in either MSI or MSM form, adds folders containing the installed DLLs to the system PATH environment variable.Microsoft Windows has a limit on the total size of the value of PATH; in versions prior to Windows 7 the limit is 2047 characters, where in later versions the limit is 4095 characters. This limit applies not only to the system-wide definition, but the length as modified by any batch files or scripts run. If the length is exceeded, the value of PATH can be truncated and this can cause WIndows or some applications to operate improperly.
If you are concerned that PATH may get truncated, you can prevent the redistributable installer from modifying PATH, but then it is your responsibility to make sure that the proper folders are named in PATH when programs built using the Intel compilers are executed.
- If you are using the MSI installer, use the command line and add the parameter NO_UPDATE_PATH=yes.For example:
msiexec /i w_fcompxe_redist_ia32_2013.2.555.msi NO_UPDATE_PATH=yes
- If you are using the MSM merge module, set the update property NO_UPDATE_PATH=yes in the installer properties.
Testing your Installation:
After installation of the Intel redistributable libraries AND the prerequisite Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables or Visual Studio with C++ tools and libraries, try to run your Intel-compiled binary. If there are any issues, please try to determine the missing DLLs or libraries using a tool such as Dependency Walker. If you are still having issues, please consult the Intel User Forums:
- C++: /en-us/forums/intel-c-compiler/
- Fortran: /en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/
The redistributable library packages
|Intel C++ Composer XE 2013 for Windows||Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 for Windows|
|RTM release||RTM release|
|Update 1||Update 1|
|Update 2||Update 2|
|Update 3||Update 3|