First, what’s new since I became your community manager?
The Remote Encryption Management SDK was released at the start of the Intel Developer Forum. Remote Encryption Management allows computers with Intel® vPro™ Processor Technology and encrypted hard drives to be managed out-of-band.
To learn more about Remote Encryption Management and download the SDK, click the following:
- Remote Encryption Management Software Development Kit Download page
- Andy Schiestl’s Blog
- Tim Duncan’s Video Demo (filmed at IDF)
“Developing WS-Management Solutions for Intel® Active Management Technology” was written by Intel’s Randy Templeton and released just this week. This article describes how to develop flexible WS Management-based solutions for Intel® Active Management Technology using the .NET development environment. Basic ingredients and building blocks of a WSMan-based solution are presented along with coding samples.
As part of my spin up I’m naturally spending a lot of time with Intel engineers and other members of our community who are experts on manageability technology including Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT) and Intel® vPro™ Processor. And while I will continue to learn more I first came to the conclusion that I make some changes on the site. The first of these are:
- On the Manageability home page I removed the flash banner and replaced it with some to-the-point links and set them off with a blue box. This area is what I call the “sweet spot” of the page as I believe it should contain items you immediately look for when you arrive in our community, or when you return and want to start where you left off. If you would like to see additional links here let me know and I’ll add them.
- I added the book section and highlighted the newest offering: Active Management Technology Demystified: Unleashing the power of Intel® vPro™ Technology, authored by Intel employees Arvind Kumar, Purushottam Goel and Ylian Saint-Hilare. If you know of additional books and publications send the info to me and I’ll see where it fits and post it.
- I created a tag cloud at the bottom of the Home page, the links of which take you to pages covering the subjects that are listed.
Our goal is make this an ever-changing, user-friendly site that reflects us. We want you to find what you need as quickly as possible and quickly see what’s new in order to accomplish your work. As we continue to modify the site we will retain what works and improve where we can. More changes are coming and the evolution will be gradual and continuing.
Many of the changes will be a result of your contributions so it is imperative that you share your questions, answers, opinions and ideas.
I hold a content meeting each week to find out what’s going on and brainstorm ideas for articles and features. Each month we will invite a Community Member or two, outside of Intel, to attend this meeting to represent the Manageability Community at large. Let me know if you are interested and we’ll arrange for you to attend by phone.
We want to hear from you so join our conversation!