|What If Home | Product Overview | Support & Feedback | Technical Requirements | FAQ|
The Intel® Cilk™ Plus SDK (Software Development Kit) supplies additional tools for Intel® Cilk™ Plus developers working on the Microsoft Windows* and Linux* operating systems. These tools are especially helpful for users converting from the previous Intel® Cilk++ WhatIf kit to the Intel Cilk Plus implementation provided with the Intel® Parallel Composer 2011 and Intel® C++ Composer XE 2011 products.
The Intel Cilk Plus SDK provides the following tools:
- Intel® Cilk screen race detector (Cilk screen) – Monitors the actual operation of an Intel Cilk Plus program as run with your test input. Cilk screen reports all data races introduced by the Intel Cilk Plus scheduler encountered during execution. By monitoring program execution, Cilk screen can detect races in your production binary, and can even detect races produced by third-party libraries for which you may not have source code.
- Intel® Cilk view scalability analyzer (Cilk view) – Helps you understand the parallel performance of your Intel Cilk Plus program. Cilk view reports parallel statistics about an Intel Cilk Plus program and predicts how the performance will scale on multiple processor systems. In addition, Cilk view can automatically benchmark an Intel Cilk Plus program running on one or more processors.
- Integration of Cilk screen and Cilk view into Microsoft Visual Studio* 2005, 2008 and 2010 on Microsoft Windows* operating systems. Integration into the user’s development environment allows users to view error locations at the click of a mouse.
For more information, see the Intel® Cilk™ Plus SDK User’s Guide.
The primary support model for the Intel Cilk Plus SDK is through the Intel® Cilk™ Plus support forum . Use this Support Forum to ask questions about the product, share your experiences with other developers, and ask for assistance if you encounter issues with these tools.
You are encouraged to use this forum for submitting suggestions on new features you would like to see supported and to comment on features currently in the product. Your feedback is valuable to Intel.
This release of the Intel Cilk Plus SDK supports the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP* or later for the IA-32 or Intel® 64 architectures
- Linux* for the IA-32 or Intel 64 architectures
In addition, the user must have installed the Intel® C++ Compiler included with one of the following product suites:
- Intel® Parallel Composer 2011 Update 1
- Intel® C++ Composer XE 2011 Update 1
Failure to install the compiler update will result in an error claiming that no Intel Cilk Plus code was found.
Q – What is the status of the Intel Cilk Plus SDK on the WhatIf site?
A – The Intel Cilk Plus SDK is provided free of charge as a technology preview. We are interested in your feedback. Since it is only a technology preview, the support level for this version is limited.
Q – How do I get started?
A – Before installation, you must set up your environment as described in the Technical Requirements (above). After downloading the Intel Cilk Plus SDK:
- On Windows* unzip the zipfile and run setup.exe
- On Linux* untar the tarball into your home directory or your /usr/local directory
The Intel Cilk Plus SDK User’s Guide is installed as part of the installation.
Q – How do I report problems or send feedback?
A – You are welcome to join the Intel® Cilk™ Plus Forum to post your questions and issues. The support team monitors the discussion to address questions.
Q – Where can I learn more about Intel Cilk Plus?
A – Visit the Intel® Cilk™ Plus product page for technical documents, presentations and tech-talks on Intel Cilk Plus.