May 2013 - version 0.5.3407.54
NOTE: These Release Notes were written for an older version of the Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool – BETA. Newer versions of this tool may provide better support for Apple iOS* SDK API calls used in your app(s). To sign-up for this tool or download the latest version, click the button below:
This release of the Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool – BETA provides a standalone development tool that helps mobile app developers to migrate native Apple iOS* applications to HTML5 technologies. This tool converts the source code of the original iOS application into a new one using only HTML5 technologies. Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool – BETA currently supports Microsoft Windows* 8 OS and generates a Microsoft Visual Studio* 2012 project (where available).
- Systems running any version of Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (where available).
4GB of RAM memory.
200 MB free disk space required for the product installation in all architectures.
The free disk space required for execution depends on the size of the original application.
Please, see http://software.intel.com/en-us/html5 for download and installation instructions.Changing, Updating and Removing the Product
If you want to add components or remove them, open the Control Panel and select the Add or Remove Programs applet, select “Intel® HTML5 App Porter Tool – BETA” and click Change. To remove the product, select Remove.
Apple iOS SDK API calls translation support: This version mainly supports API calls translation for UIKit and NSFoundation frameworks. See the Technical Reference for further details.
Apple Xcode* Interface Builder files (.xib files) support: This version supports the translation of a subset of the properties and features of the supported API calls (i.e., translation of UIKit API calls). See the Technical Reference for further details.
- Apple Objective-C++* support: This version does supports the translation C++ or Objective-C++* files. Please, do not include them as input or strip the C++ code from those files, if possible.
- Storyboard support: The tool supports the translation of views on XIB files. However, XIB using storyboards are not supported.
- Functions with variable number of arguments: The translations of C functions with a variable number of arguments is not supported and it may generate a processing error.
- For each: The use of
for eachconstruct with some types such as
- @synchronize support: The
@synchronizeconstruct is not supported and does not implement any synchronization mechanisms in the generated code.
- @try @catch support: The
@try @catchconstructs with multiple @catch are not supported.
- Categories on unsupported APIs: User-created categories on classes that are not supported by the API translation and it may generate code that contains errors.
- Objective-C literals: the use of Objective-C literals (http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ObjectiveCLiterals.html) is not supported.
- @synthetize support: The use of customized synthetized variable names is not supported and may generate code with errors.
To learn more about this product visit our:
- On-line documentation and tutorials at http://software.intel.com/en-us/html5.
- Technical support forum at: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/html5-application-development.