Before installing the Intel® MPI Library, you should check the Intel® Registration Center to see if a newer version or an update is available.
To install the Intel MPI Library, you need to use an account that is a member of the Administrators privilege group. Any normal account with Users, Debugger Users or higher user privilege can use the Intel MPI Library. You also need to uninstall any previous versions of the Intel MPI Library.
Note: The default installation directory for the Intel MPI Library 3.2 is
To install the Intel® MPI Library on Windows*, do the following:
- Double-click on the distribution file
- You will be asked to choose a directory in which the contents of the self-extracting installation file will be placed before the actual installation begins. After installation, the files will still be located in this directory. By default, the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Downloadfolder is used.
- The Welcome dialog will appear. Click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the license agreement and click Next to continue.
- You may be asked to provide a path to the license file. A license file that allows installation was sent to you by email along with your serial number. If necessary, point to the license file on the machine and click Next to continue.
- You may accept the default installation directory (
C:\Program Files(x86)\Intel\MPI\3.2\) or choose a different directory. All files will be installed to the directory you choose. Click Next to continue.
- Select the Complete radio-button if you want to install a full version of the Intel MPI Library. If you want to choose the desired components manually, select Custom. Click Next to continue.
- The installation program can add the Intel MPI Library installation directory to the
PATH, LIB, and
INCLUDEenvironment variables. Alternatively, you may opt for sourcing the file
<installdir>\em64t\bin\mpivars.batmanually at a later time.