Tizen* Developer Contest by Intel
Terms & Conditions
1. How to Enter
Post a blog comment about application development for Tizen* devices on Tizen.org.
To be eligible for prizes, blog comments must be at least 100 words long, feature app or application development for Tizen* devices, and must include at least one (1) of the following:
- A testimonial on experience developing a Tizen* app or application.
- Recommendations for future releases of Tizen* and/or product improvements.
- A solution to a specific challenge in Tizen* development.
- Advice or a demo on how to write an app for Tizen*.
- Porting an existing app to Tizen*.
- Use of the Tizen* SDK (available at developer.tizen.org).
Participants must be 18 years or older. Contest will run from 7:00 PM PACIFIC May 7, 2012 to 7:00 PM PACIFIC August 7, 2012. Participants must follow the community and content guidelines for Tizen.org. (https://www.tizen.org/community/guidelines)
Three prize levels:
- First 50 eligible comments posted receive a $50 VISA gift card (limit of 5 per individual).
- A total of three (3) 480 GB Intel Solid State Drives (SSDs) will be awarded once/month during contest period (value=$800 US each).
- A Grand Prize of a high end desktop PC, featuring an Intel® CoreTM i7 processor worth up to $4000 US, will be awarded at conclusion of contest.
3. Criteria of Winning Submissions
For each prize level:
- First 50 blog comments that meet all eligibility requirements.
- A single prize will be awarded each month for 3 months. The winner will be selected by judges using winner selection criteria below for eligible blog posts submitted after 7:00 PM PACIFIC May 7, 2012 and (1) before 7:00 PM PACIFIC June 7, 2012, (2) before 7:00 PM PACIFIC July 7, 2012, and (3) before 7:00 PM PACIFIC August 7, 2012.
- A single Grand Prize will be awarded by judges using winner selection criteria below for eligible blog posts submitted after 7:00 PM PACIFIC May 7, 2012 and before 7:00 PM PACIFIC August 7, 2012.
4. Selection of the Winner(s)
Winners of the three (3) Monthly Prizes, and the Grand Prize, will be selected by a judging panel composed of 3 Intel employees composed of the Tizen* Community Manager, Tizen* Marketing Manager, and Tizen* Application Engineer, or similar representatives.
Posts will be scored by judges on:
- Technical accuracy and relevancy to application development on Tizen* (30% of total score)
- Community building based on comments, discussion, and reaction to blog by members of the Tizen.org developer community (20% of score)
- Innovation and creativity for Tizen* (20% of total score)
- Enthusiasm and excitement about Tizen* (20% of total score)
- Overall quality (10% of total score)
5. List of Winner(s)
Winners of the monthly prizes, and the Grand Prize will be posted on Tizen.org within 14 days of notification to the winners. A list of winners of the $50 VISA gift cards can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
6. Delivery of the Prizes to the Prize Winner(s)
Delivery of all prizes will be handled by Intel. Winners will be contacted by email, based on the winner’s profile information provided through registration on Tizen.org. The $50 VISA gift cards and the monthly prizes will be selected within 15 days after the monthly award closing dates (June 7, 2012, July 7, 2012, and August 7, 2012). Awards will be delivered by standard mail, within 45 days of the monthly award closing dates. The Grand Prize Award will be selected by Aug 21, 2012, and the award will be mailed within 21 days of initial successful contact with winner.
Tizen* Developer Contest by Intel Contest Rules
- You are eligible to participate in the contest if you have registered with the Tizen* Community at http://tizen.org and/or if you have registered for the contest.
- No purchase necessary. Purchase does not increase your chance of winning. Void wherever prohibited.
- You must speak, read and understand English and you must be aged 18 years or over or you must obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian before you participate in the contest. If you apply to register for the contest, if you contribute to the contest or once you are registered or if you accept any contest prizes, you accept these rules.
- The contest is open to participants worldwide. All national and local laws and regulations of the resident's country of residence apply. Residents of countries under U.S. embargo are not eligible to enter. The contest is void wherever else it is restricted or prohibited by law.
- We may refuse your contribution for any good reason.
- Intel provides you with access to a variety of resources on the Intel® Developer Zone including communication forums, documentation, download areas, code samples, videos, blogs, articles and contests (the "resources").
- You agree to submit contributions to the contest ("contributions") under the following conditions:
- Intel does not claim ownership of your contributions to the contest in form of sample code, content, videos, articles or any other contributions you submit.
- By submitting your contributions, you are granting Intel and its affiliated companies the following worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid-up rights:
- to publicly perform or display, broadcast, transmit the contributions in whole or in part, for promotional and marketing purposes worldwide in any and all forms of media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to distribute (directly or indirectly through multiple tiers) the contributions to Intel affiliates, its marketing agencies and to third parties for these purposes, and
- to publish your name or alias in connection with this contest and your contributions for marketing and promotional purposes worldwide in any and all forms of media, whether now known or hereafter devised .
- Your contributions to the contest will be available to other participants and to ensure they are safe and freely usable by other participants, you warrant that:
- you own or otherwise have all rights necessary for you to provide the contributions and grant the rights described above and you do not disclose any information which would constitute a violation of a confidentiality obligation;
- your contributions do not contain any viruses, worms, spy ware, or other components or instructions that are malicious, deceptive, or designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computer; and
- your contributions are not subject to license terms that require any software or documentation incorporating or being derived from your contributions to be licensed to others.
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any contribution:• that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that shows another person but yourself or an image created by another person if you submit any photos;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- Apart from prizes offered as part of the contest, no monetary compensation will be paid for any of your contest contributions.
- Intel is not responsible for contest entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions. Intel is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or any other persons or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest.
- You may be required to sign and return releases of liability, declarations of eligibility, and where lawful, publicity consent agreements, within five (5) days of acknowledged notification. If minors are allowed to enter and a prize is won by a minor, all required documentation must be signed by the parent/legal guardian. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible (under these rules or due to a failure to comply with any of the other applicable policies, licenses, rules, and terms of service, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed releases/agreements as required), prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may, at Intel’s discretion, be selected. Physical prizes awarded for the winning contributions will be sent to participants within six (6) weeks from the date of the notification email or confirmation of the winning participant’s physical address, whichever is later.
- Prizes are personal to the participant submitting the winning contribution and cannot normally be transferred. All prizes are subject to availability and they may change at any time and Intel may award substitute prizes of equal or greater value. A cash alternative is not available. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- The winner accepts responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes and fees in connection with the prizes. The winner shall be solely responsible to obtain all permissions and authorizations to collect and receive the prize in accordance with the laws of the participant’s country of residence. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws. If the winner is a resident of a country in Latin America, cash prizes will be replaced by goods and/or services of equal value in Intel’s sole discretion.
- Acceptance of the prize will constitute permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
- Intel does not provide any warranty on the prizes. To the fullest extent allowable by law, Intel specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the prizes, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
- We may, on notifying you, immediately suspend or terminate your rights, if you breach these rules or if we reasonably believe that you have submitted a contribution in violation of these rules.
- Intel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the contest at any time for any reason.
- You can withdraw your contribution at any time by notifying us. If a contribution is withdrawn your rights to win a prize in this contest are lost.
- These rules apply to your contribution and the resources, unless we provide any items to you under more specific terms, in which case those more specific terms will apply to the relevant items. We may make changes to these rules at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the rules can be reviewed on the www.appdeveloper.intel.com website. Contributing to the contest or accepting prizes will constitute acceptance of the revised rules.
- Our only responsibilities with respect to the contest are set out in these rules. These rules prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- For any feedback or questions regarding the contest or the prizes you can contact Intel by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by participating in the contest discussion forum at http://developer.tizen.org.
- If Intel improperly denies you any prizes, Intel's entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of prizes as set forth above. By participating in the contest, you waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond one (1) year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
- If for any reason this contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Intel which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Intel reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry or voting process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.