What is the purpose that I write this blog? Most of embedded Linux systems are customized to “tiny” OS. That means, you might fail to install VTune™ Amplifier because some utilities are missed but VTune installer requires them, this article to teach you to run VTun quickly in your embedded system:
1. Install VTune on Host machine, but command line only. Use “Customize installation->Change components to install->Unselect Graphical user interface->Start installation Now”
2. After installing the VTune on Host, copy whole VTune to the target. For example, “#scp -r vtune_amplifier_xe_2013 kentsfield-01:/opt/intel”
3. Check total size of VTune on the target, and set all environments
# du -sh vtune_amplifier_xe_2013/
# source /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2013/amplxe-vars.sh
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 (build 305106)
4. Build and install vtune drivers
5. Try data collection at first time
amplxe-cl -collect advanced-hotspots -duration 10
Note: you can use amplxe-cl command on the target device to collect data and display result, or copy result directory onto another machine which has installed VTune Amplifier XE GUI to analyze.