In order to maximize lead generation, I think there are some key processes that a software company needs to develop so that both sales and marketing teams have a clear understanding of their roles.It is important to define whether a new contact is a suspect, prospect, or a real lead.
In my view, the keys to maximizing the sales lead process are:
- Creating a definition of a lead and make sure that until certain criteria are met, the lead stays with marketing and is not passed to sales.
- Try to create a marketing communications system for contacts and match them with your buying cycles.
- Keep records of every contact interaction as input to match with criteria of our leads.
- Compare the leads with and set priorities for each contact and move them through the cycle.
- Route the leads through to sales at the right time, and ensure sales team follow up.