Intel and Programmer's Paradise are hosting a FREE webinar featuring Intel Software Engineers to help you learn more!
What are the Differences Between Intel Itanium Architecture and Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology?
Tuesday, November 16th at 1:00 p.m. PST
How to register:
Visit the Programmers Paradise https://programmersparadise.webex.com/programmersparadise/mywebex/epmain...." href="https://programmersparadise.webex.com/programmersparadise/mywebex/epmain..." target=_blank>Registration Page
This session will give you the basics you need to target a ported application to either an established Intel Itanium processor-based platforms or to the new Intel EM64T-based platforms. This session will give you a key tip on how to spot likely porting issues.
- ize=2> Mixing and matching Intel generated objects with those from GCC* or Microsoft*
- Key differences between the Intel Compiler functionality for Itanium-based systems and Intel EM64T-based platforms
- Targeting an application for code or address spaces larger than 2GB
- Optimizations that can be gained by using Intel Compiler on Intel EM64T-based platforms
- New SSE3 instructions available on Intel EM64T-based platforms
- Key compiler optimization reports to help you understand applied optimizations