- Object-oriented design
- Encapsulation and information-hiding
- Separation of behavior and implementation
- Classes and subclasses
- Inheritance (overriding, dynamic dispatch)
- Polymorphism (subtype polymorphism vs. inheritance)
- Parallel Java Course: From Thread to Cloud
PDF Textbook for Instructor-Lead Course
PDF Textbook include lectures and labs
Go to materials
Paul Guermonprez, Intel® Software and Service Group Description:
This course covers the following topics:
Explicit Threading in Java.
- Lab: Explicit Threading in Java.
- JSR-166y: Higher Abstraction. Functional Programming.
- Labs: JSR-166y
- Hadoop: Mainly model parallelization. Very large scale.
- Lab: Hadoop
- Google App Engine: Simple and Scalable MVC for simple needs.
- Lab: Google App Engine.
Undergraduate students with computer programming experience