Address MPI application behavior, bottlenecks, and performance with this powerful MPI software tool for Windows* and Linux*. Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector is only available as part of Intel® Cluster Studio 2013 or Intel® Cluster Studio XE 2013.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector is a powerful tool for understanding MPI application behavior, quickly finding bottlenecks, and achieving high performance for parallel cluster applications. It supports Intel® architecture-based cluster systems, features a high degree of compatibility with current standards, and now includes trace file comparison, counter data displays, and an MPI correctness checking library. Analyze MPI performance, speed up parallel application runs, locate hotspots and bottlenecks, and compare trace files with graphics providing extensively detailed analysis and aligned timelines—all with Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector MPI software.
- Visualize and understand parallel application behavior
- Evaluate profiling statistics and load balancing
- Analyze performance of subroutines or code blocks
- Learn about communication patterns, parameters, and performance data
- Identify communication hotspots
- Decrease time to solution and increase application efficiency
- A unique MPI Correctness Checker detects deadlocks, data corruption, and errors with MPI parameters, data types, buffers, communicators, point-to-point messages and collective operations.
- The Correctness Checker allows the user to scale to extremely large systems and detect errors even among a large number of processes.
Interface and Displays
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector includes full-color customizable GUI with many drill-down view options.
- The analyzer is able to extremely rapidly unwind the call stack and use debug information to map instruction addresses to source code.
- With both command-line and GUI interfaces, the user can additionally set up batch runs or do interactive debugging.
- Low overhead allows random access to portions of a trace, making it suitable for analyzing large amounts of performance data.
- Thread safety allows you to trace multithreaded MPI applications for event-based tracing as well as non-MPI threaded applications.
Instrumentation and Tracing
- Low-intrusion instrumentation supports MPI applications with C, C++, or Fortran.
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector automatically records performance data from parallel threads in C, C++, or Fortran.
Review the resources below to learn how to use the Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector MPI software. Be sure to go to the Intel® Learning Lab Portal for a complete offering of videos, whitepapers, and other resources to learn how to take advantage of Intel® cluster software.
Identify MPI Bottlenecks
This short video shows how Intel® Trace Analyzer and Trace Collector can be used to visualize bottlenecks in MPI traffic to help the developer tune the code for better performance.
Flexible MPI Analysis with Intel Trace Analyzer Event Timeline
The event timeline shows exactly what is going on over time. It displays function events like entering and leaving a function and messages that were exchanged on a timeline. This is useful to when diagnosinge MPI issues.
Intel® Trace Analyzer & Collector
Click the Learn tab for guides and links that will quickly get you started.
Get Help or Advice
Search Support Articles
Forums - The best place for timely answers from our technical experts and your peers. Use it even for bug reports.
Support - For secure, web-based, engineer-to-engineer support, visit our Intel® Premier Support web site. Intel Premier Support registration is required.
Download, Registration and Licensing Help - Specific help for download, registration, and licensing questions.
Release Notes - View Release Notes online!
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector Product Documentation - View documentation online!
Documentation for other software products