HDR Tone Mapping for Post Processing using OpenCL*
Features / Description
The Tone Mapping sample demonstrates how to use high dynamic range (HDR) rendering with tone mapping effect in OpenCL*.
It also demonstrates a CPU-optimized implementation of the tone mapping effect, showing how to:
- Implement calculation kernels using OpenCL* C99
- Parallelize the kernels by running several work-groups in parallel
- Organize data exchange between the host and the OpenCL* device
- Store the final image on the hard drive.
- Supported Devices CPU, Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500
- Complexity level: Novice
Refer to the Release Note document for information on system requirements.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Related Technical Articles
- HDR Tone Mapping for Post Processing using OpenCL* [PDF]
- OpenCL* Samples Getting Started
- OpenCL* Optimization Guide
This software is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries (Burma, Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, Specially Designated Nationals, and entities on the Bureau of Export Administration Entity List or involved with missile technology or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons).