This article includes the information of system requirements of Intel® System Studio.
Host Software Requirements
Supported Host OSes
One of the following Linux distributions (this is the list of distributions supported by all components; other distributions may or may not work and are not recommended - please refer to Technical Support if you have questions).
- Red Hat Enterprise* Linux* 5, 6
- Ubuntu* 10.04 LTS, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04 LTS
- Fedora* 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- openSUSE 12.1
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server* 10 SP4, 11 SP2
Host-Target Platform Focused Test Matrix
Individual Intel® System Studio 2013 for Linux* components may support additional distributions. See the individual component’s installation guide and release notes after you unpacked and ran the installer for the tool suite distribution
> tar -zxvf l_cembd_p_2013.0.xxx.tgz
The supported host OS information below is only providing a general overview and represents our actively validated platforms. Please see the component release notes for more details.
Intel® C++ Compiler 13.0: Fedora* 17, Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 5, 6, SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server* 10, 11 SP2, Ubuntu* 11.10, 12.04, Debian* 6.0, Intel® Cluster Ready, Pardus* 2011.2 (x64 only)
Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2013: Red Hat* Enterprise Linux 4 (starting from Update 8) , Red Hat* Enterprise Linux 5 and 6, CentOS* versions equivalent to Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* versions listed above, SUSE* Linux* Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 and 11, Fedora* 15, 16 and 17, Ubuntu* 10.04, 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04, Debian* 5.0 and 6.0
Intel® Inspector 2013: Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 5.8 and 6.3, CentOS* versions equivalent to Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* versions listed above,Fedora* 16 and 17, SUSE* Linux Enterprise Server* 10 SP4 and 11 SP2, Debian* 5 and 6, Ubuntu* 10.04, 11.10 and 12.04
- Intel® JTAG Debugger: Fedora* 14, 17; Ubuntu* 11.04
Target Software Requirements
The target platform should be based on one of the following environments:
Yocto Project* 1.2, 1.3 based environment
CE Linux* PR28 based environment
Fedora* 14, 17 based environment
Wind River* Linux* 5 based environment
The level of target OS support by a specific Intel® System Studio component may vary.
Host hardware Requirements
- IA32 or Intel® 64 architecture based host computer
- The RAM and Disk space requirements of whole product suites and individual components:
Target Hardware Requirements
- Development platform based on the Intel® Atom™ processor Z5xx, N4xx, N5xx, D5xx, E6xx, N2xxx, D2xxx or Intel® Atom™ processor CE4xxx, CE53xx and the Intel® Puma6™ Media Gateway
- Alternatively development platform based on 2nd or 3rd generation Intel® Core™ microarchitecture based Intel® Xeon® processor.