Problem : If the system's virtual memory is too small, the sample applications may fail.
- Open samples-vs05.sln or samples-vs08.sln
- Build the solution using the default settings (Debug - Win32 configuration)
- Run the sample (Debug >> Run Without Debugging)
- Some samples will fail with one of the following error messages
- "Debug Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
- "CT: Out of memory"
Environment : All Supported Microsoft Windows* operating systems
Root Cause : By default, the sample applications use a heap size from 128MB to 512MB, depending on the workload. Intel's Ct Technology requires a minimum of 2GB RAM, as listed in the release notes.
Resolution : Ensure that the target system meets the minimum system requirements of 2GB RAM. Use the environment variable CT_RT_OPTIONS to set the initial and maximum heap size. For example, CT_RT_OPTIONS=AMM:init=512m,AMM:max=1024m