I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64 on a PUB-RD Rev 3 Ultrabook and I'd just like to document a few 'features' of the process so far:
- Ordering the camera - I'm outside the US and found creating an account was impossible using IE10 as it still listed US States and rejected the creation of an account until this field is cleared which can't be done.
- Resolved by switching to Chrome.
- Shipping - delivered in under 48 Hrs to UK, great.
- SDK - installed the 64 bit SDK but I couldn't find the samples. Windows+F didn't help. Reading various resources didn't help so I installed the 32 bit on another PC and then saw the Samples were in Program Files!!! *Big Slap Wrist* for breaking the rules putting files to be modified in Program Files. Note the Program Files location obviously isn't covered by Windows+F search - curious.
- Resolved by copying Samples to a more sensible place that doesn't break the rules. I didn't want to elevate the running so I moved the directory to be within documents so it is backed up by Windows 8 File History and is now searchable by Windows+F.
- Intel - please sort out the SDK to place the Samples in a place that can be used without elevated priviledge and is saved when running the Windows 8 file history.
- Reading Forum posts it now looks like I need to install an old version of Visual Studio. So we have a Beta release of a 2013 product that doesn't work with VS2012......Hmmm.
- Intel - please sort 2013 SDK so it runs with the current VS.
I'll let you know how I get on.