If you’re working on a cutting-edge visual computing application, download the new release the Intel® Software Development Kit (SDK) for OpenCL Applications 2013 to realize efficiency, performance and power savings. The new SDK includes certified OpenCL 1.2 support on 3rd and future 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors running Microsoft Windows* 7 and 8 operating systems.
A new graphics driver lets you utilize the compute resources simultaneously of both the Intel® CPU and Intel HD Graphics. By taking advantage of the general purpose programing of OpenCL coupled with the hardware acceleration capability of Intel HD Graphics, your application can get better performance and improved battery life on Intel Core platforms like Ultrabook™ and other low-power devices as well as high-end notebooks and All-In-One PCs. The SDK is ideal for content creation applications like video editing, music creation, and photo editing. You can now download a free copy of Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 here.
What are the key new features of the Intel® SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013?
The new Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 brings improvements and new features both in the OpenCL driver and the development tools.
What New Features are Supported by the OpenCL Driver?
- OpenCL* 1.2 Support: Across both 3rd and future 4th generation Intel Core Processors and across both CPU and Intel® HD Graphics
- Performance Improvements: For both CPU and Intel HD Graphics.
- Windows 8* Operating System Support: Windows 7 support continues
- Enhanced Interoperability with Media and Graphics APIs
- Sharing memory objects with Microsoft* DirectX* 11
- Tightly integration with OpenGL* with new support for depth images and sharing of multi-sampled textures.
- Standard based memory object sharing with Microsoft* DirectX* 9 for media surfaces.
- Interoperability with Intel Media SDK 2013 and Intel Perceptual Computing SDK 2013
- Dual adapter mode on Windows* 8: use OpenCL even when Intel® HD Graphics is not the primary
What’s New in OpenCL Development Tools?
- Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio* 2012
- New standalone Kernel Builder (included in the SDK package) with:
- Dynamic performance analysis of OpenCL kernels
- Full support for both Intel HD Graphics and CPUs.
- Support for new OpenCL 1.2* features like compile and link of OpenCL programs.
- Enhanced Integration with Profiling Tools, Amplified Coverage of the Intel HD Graphics
Kernel Builder - standalone utility to create, analyze, and build OpenCL kernels
Download the SDK for free at intel.com/software/opencl
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @IntelOpenCL
Arnon Peleg, Intel® SDK for OpenCL Product Management