Intel® VTune™ Profiler
Quickly Find and Fix Performance Bottlenecks and Realize All the Value of Your Hardware
Get the Big Picture and the Critical Details
With today’s variety of computer architectures, a performance profiler must be able to diagnose many kinds of bottlenecks. Intel VTune Profiler includes:
- System and Application Overview Profiles: These identify where to focus tuning or how to configure systems. They collect less data and can run for a longer time.
- Application Performance Snapshot is designed for clusters with thousands of ranks.
- Platform Profiler is well suited to cloud servers.
- Performance Snapshot examines individual applications.
- Focused Profiles: These take a more detailed look at different classes of bottlenecks such as compute, memory, threading, accelerator offload, throttling, or I/O. Precise profiling information is annotated onto the code source.
Turn Raw Data into Answers
Performance optimization is a bit like solving a mystery. You gather the evidence, analyze it, and make sense of what’s really going on. Summaries, tips, filtering, and annotations make you more productive.
- Source View: See the profiling results on your source
- Timeline Filtering: Focus on bottlenecks as they change with time
- Summary Reports: Get the big picture and tips for further analysis
Now Available as a Server
Intel VTune Profiler can be installed as an application or a server. A server installation lets a small group of users:
- Access with a web browser
- Share results with other users who have server access
- Profile any target by preinstalling the collector agent or pushing from the server via SSH