This article lists the system requirements for Intel® FPGA Add-On for oneAPI Base Toolkit.
For compiler-specific requirements, refer to Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler System Requirements. For base kit-specific requirements, refer to Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit System Requirements.
NOTE: For what's new in the toolkit, refer to the dedicated article Intel® FPGA Add-On for oneAPI Base Toolkit Release Notes.
- 48 GB for Intel® PAC with Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA
- 64 GB for Intel® FPGA PAC D5005 (recommended)
NOTE: Intel recommends that your system be configured to provide virtual memory equal to the recommended physical RAM necessary to process your design.
- Intel® FPGA Programmable Acceleration Card (PAC) with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA with Intel® Acceleration Stack for Intel® Xeon® CPU with FPGAs Version 1.2.1
- Intel® FPGA Programmable Acceleration Card D5005 (previously known as Intel® PAC with Intel® Stratix® 10 SX FPGA) with Intel® Acceleration Stack for Intel® Xeon® CPU with FPGAs Version 2.0.1
NOTE: Use Intel® FPGA PAC D5005 for development purposes only and not for production on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
Custom Platforms (Ported from Intel® Arria® 10 GX and Intel® Stratix® 10 GX reference platforms)
See also Software Patches for oneAPI 2021.2 and older releases.
- Custom platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 21.1 software
- Custom platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 20.4 software
- Custom platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 20.3 software
- Custom platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 20.2 software
- Custom platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 19.4 software
NOTE: Intel® FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms does not contain FPGA drivers. Consult your BSP vendor or the BSP documentation for BSP-specific software requirements, including the OS support.
|Add-on Package||Ubuntu* 18.04 LTS
(kernel version 4.15)
|Ubuntu 20.04 LTS||SLES* 15||
10 (64 bit)
|FPGA Add-on for Intel® PAC with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA and Intel® FPGA PAC D5005||✓||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 21.1 software||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 20.4 software||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 20.3 software||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 20.2 software||✓||-||-||-||✓||✓||-|
|FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro 19.4 software||✓||-||-||-||✓||✓||-|
- FPGAs do not officially support Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.4 OS. However, if you want to compile your FPGA designs on RHEL 7.4 OS, refer to Compiling Intel® oneAPI DPC++ FPGA Designs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)* 7.4 OS.
- Programs using the AC datatypes feature cannot run in the emulation flow on RHEL 7 systems. AC datatypes feature provides support for variable-precision integers and variable-precision floating-point data types. For more information, see Variable-Precision Integer and Floating-Point Support section in the Intel® oneAPI DPC++ FPGA Optimization Guide.
- The Ubuntu Server 18.04 with Hardware Enablement (HWE) kernel is not supported, and there is no plan to support it for this release.
If you are using the oneAPI 2021.2 or older releases, the FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro software has a known issue. As a fix for this issue, download and install one of the following OS-specific patches:
- GCC 7.4.0 (the default version for Ubuntu 18.04)
- Eclipse* developers:
- Eclipse 4.16
- Eclipse 4.17
- Microsoft Visual Studio* with "Desktop development with C++" workload installed. Supported versions:
- 2017 (versions 15.7 and newer)
- 2019 (versions 16.4 and newer)
Intel® technologies may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation.
No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Your costs and results may vary.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
No license (express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise) to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document.
The products described may contain design defects or errors known as errata, which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Currently, characterized errata are available on request.
Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.