This article contains the common system requirements for Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit. For component level system requirements, please scroll down and click on each component link for details.
Common Hardware Requirements
CPU Processor Requirements
Systems based on Intel® 64 architectures below are supported both as host and target platforms.
- Intel® Core™ processor family or higher
- Intel® Xeon® processor family
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor family
Requirements for Accelerators
- Integrated GEN9 or higher GPUs including latest Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics (DG1)
- FPGA Card: see Intel(R) DPC++ Compiler System Requirements.
Disk Space Requirements
- ~3 GB of disk space (minimum) if only installing compiler and its libraries: Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library and Intel® Threading Building Block
- Maximum of ~24 GB diskspace if installing all components
NOTE: During the installation process, the installer may need up to 6 GB of additional temporary disk storage to manage the download and intermediate installation files.
- 8 GB RAM recommended
- For FPGA development, see Intel(R) DPC++ Compiler System Requirements.
Common Software Requirements
Operating System Requirements
The operating systems listed below are supported on Intel® 64 Architecture. Individual tools may support additional operating systems and architecture configurations. See the individual tool release notes for full details.
For developing applications for offloading to accelerators like GPU or FPGA, a specific version of GPU driver is required for the supported operating system. Please visit Installation Guide for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits "Install Intel GPU Drivers" section for up to date information.
- GNU* Bash is required for local installation and for setting up the environment to use the toolkit.
For CPU Host/Target Support
|Linux distrubtion for CPU Host/Target||Supported Components|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 7.x||Intel® VTune™ Profiler, Intel® Advisor, Intel® Threading Building Blocks (oneTBB)|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 8.x||All|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server* 15 SP1, SP2||All except Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library (oneVPL)|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server* 12||All except oneVPL and Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler|
|Ubuntu* 18.04 LTS||All|
|Ubuntu* 20.04 LTS||All|
All except oneCCL, oneDNN, and Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler
All except FPGA
|Debian* 9, 10||All except Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler and FPGA|
|Clear Linux||only oneTBB|
For GPU Accelerator Support for GPU
|Linux distribution for GPU Accelerators||Supported Components||Additional Software Requirements|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 8.1, 8.2||All except oneVPL, Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP)||kernel 4.11 or higher|
|Ubuntu 18.04 LTS||All except oneVPL & Intel IPP||kernel 4.11 or higher|
|Ubuntu 20.04 LTS||All except oneVPL & Intel IPP||kernel 4.11 or higher|
|SUSE Linux Enterprize Server* 15 SP1, SP2||All except oneVPL & Intel IPP||kernel 4.11 or higher|
For DG1 dGPU Support (specifically Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics): Ubuntu 20.04.1 is required. Please follow the instructions on how to config the kernel and install the driver.
For CPU Support
|OS (for CPU)||Supported Components|
|Windows* 10||All except oneCCL|
|Windows Server 2016*||All|
|Windows Server 2019*||All|
For GPU Accelerator Support for iGPU
|OS (for GPU)||Supported Components|
|Windows* 10||All except oneCCL, oneVPL & Intel IPP|
|for CPU only||Supported Components|
macOS* 10.15 &
One common requirements for Linux*: GNU* Bash is required for local installation and for setting up the environment to use the toolkit.
- Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler System Requirements
- Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool System Requirements
- Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library (oneDPL) System Requirements
- Intel® Distribution for GDB* System Requirements
- Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library (oneMKL) System Requirements
- Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks (oneTBB) Library System Requirements
- Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives System Requirements
- Intel® oneAPI Data Analytics Library (oneDAL) System Requirements
- Intel® Distribution for Python* System Requirements
- Intel® VTune™ Profiler System Requirements
- Intel® Advisor System Requirements
- Intel® oneAPI Deep Neural Network Library (oneDNN) System Requirements
- Intel® oneAPI Collective Communications Library (oneCCL) System Requirements
- Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library (oneVPL) System Requirements
For new features or known issues, please read the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit Release Notes.
Notices and Disclaimers
Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software or service activation.
No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Your costs and results may vary.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
No license (express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise) to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document.
The products described may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.