Where To Find the Component
Visit the Intel® FPGA Add-On for the oneAPI Base Toolkit website to download the toolkit.
The Intel® FPGA Add-On for oneAPI Base Toolkit is a specialized component intended to be used in conjunction with the Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler that is part of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit (Base Kit). Installation of both the base toolkit and this add-on is required to work through the hardware compile stage of the FPGA design flow.
NOTE: This add-on is not required for emulation or report generation stages of the FPGA development flow. You can complete them with just the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit.
New in This Release
In the 2021.3 release, added support for Intel® custom platforms with Intel® Quartus® Prime software version 21.1.
Use the Intel® FPGA Add-on for oneAPI Base Toolkit with the following:
- Intel® Programmable Acceleration Card (PAC) with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA
- Intel® FPGA Programmable Acceleration Card D5005 (previously known as Intel® PAC with Intel® Stratix® 10 SX FPGA)
- Custom Platforms (using Intel® Quartus® Prime pro software 19.4, 20.2, 20.3, 20.4, and 21.1)
Supported Hardware and Operating System
The Intel® FPGA Add-on for the oneAPI Base Toolkit 2021.3 version is compatible with the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2021.3 version.
- If you are using the Intel® FPGA Add-on for Intel® Custom Platforms installer on Windows*, ensure that the Board Support Package (BSP) provided to you by your vendor is not calling the adjust_plls.tcl script that is provided as part of the Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler. Calling this script results in compilation errors due to the space in the install path. If your BSP does call this script, please contact your board vendor for alternatives.
- During the silent seamless installation of the Intel® FPGA Add-on package, no matter which add-on package you select for installation, all Intel® FPGA Add-on packages might get installed on your system. As a workaround for this issue, specify the intel.oneapi.lin.fpga.group component in the component list before the desired add-on component. For example:
- Full hardware compilation fails on the FPGA Add-on for Custom Platforms using Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro software and you might observe one of the following device-specific error messages:
- When compiling the kernel using the flat flow:
- Intel® Arria® 10: Error: Unknown device part 10AX115S2F45I1SG
- Intel® Stratix® 10: Error: Unknown device part 1SG280LU2F50E2VG
- When compiling the kernel using the import flow:
- Intel® Arria® 10: Error: kernel_mem_mm_bridge_0: deviceFamily "Arria 10" is out of range: "Cyclone 10 GX", "None", "Unknown"
- Intel® Stratix® 10: Error (XXXXX): Cannot generate Atom Netlist File because family Stratix 10 is not installed
- When compiling the kernel using the flat flow:
As a workaround, download and install the appropriate patch for Windows (.exe) or Linux (.run). The zip/tarball directory structure should be relative to the FPGA install directory (for example: /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.2.0/linux/lib/oclfpga). On Linux, set the file ownership to root (chown -R root:root) and set the file permissions (chmod -R 755 and chmod -R g-s).
For Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler related issues, refer to Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler Release Notes.
Download FPGA design examples and tutorials from the oneAPI-Samples git repository.
Refer to the following guides for additional information:
- Intel® oneAPI Toolkit and Component Versioning Schema
- Installation Guide for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits
- Explore DPC++ Through Intel® FPGA Code Samples
- Intel® oneAPI DPC++ FPGA Workflows on Third-Party IDEs (Eclipse and Visual Studio)
- Intel® oneAPI DPC++ FPGA Development with Sample Browser Extension for Visual Studio Code on Linux
- Get Started with Intel® Distribution for GDB* for Linux* OS Host
- Get Started with the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for Linux*
- Intel® oneAPI Programming Guide
- Intel® oneAPI DPC++ FPGA Optimization Guide
- Intel® VTune™ Profiler User Guide
- Analyzing CPU and FPGA (Intel® Arria® 10 GX) Interaction
- Profiling an FPGA-driven DPC++ Application
- Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition: Custom Platform Toolkit User Guide
- Intel® Quartus® Prime Software User Guides
- Intel Programmable Acceleration Card (PAC) with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA Data Sheet
- Intel FPGA Programmable Acceleration Card D5005 Data Sheet
- Intel Acceleration Stack Quick Start Guide for Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Arria 10 GX FPGA
- Intel Acceleration Stack Quick Start Guide: Intel FPGA Programmable Acceleration Card D5005
Notices and Disclaimers
Intel® technologies may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation.
No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Your costs and results may vary.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
No license (express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise) to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document.
The products described may contain design defects or errors known as errata, which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Currently, characterized errata are available on request.
Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.