This document provides the information on the system requirements for the Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP) and provides pointers to where you can find the system requirements specific to individual tool products.
Supported Hardware Platforms
Depending on the software distribution that you received Intel® IPP with, the Intel® IPP supports the following processor types:
- Intel® Core™ processors
- Intel® Xeon® processors
- Intel Atom® processors
The lists below pertain only to the system requirements necessary to support developing applications with Intel® IPP. Please review your compiler (GCC*, Microsoft* Visual Studio* or Intel® Compiler) hardware and software system requirements, in the documentation provided with that product, to determine the minimum development system requirements necessary to support your compiler product.
Supported Operating Systems
- Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 8
- Fedora* 31
- SUSE* Linux* Enterprise Server 15
- OpenSUSE* 15
- Ubuntu* 18.04 LTS
- Ubuntu* 19.10
- Ubuntu* 20.04
- For use of Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX) and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2) instructions, it requires Linux kernels from 2.6.30 and later.
- For use of Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions, it requires Linux kernels from 3.15 and later.
Note: Intel® IPP is expected to work on many more Linux distributions as well. Let us know if you have trouble with the distribution you use.
- Windows* 10 (IA-32/Intel® 64)
- Windows Server* 2019
- For use of Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX) and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2) instructions, it requires Microsoft Windows* 10 and Windows Server* 2016, or a higher version.
- For use of Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions, it requires Microsoft Windows Server* 2016, or a higher version.
- macOS* 10.15
- macOS* 11.0
- Intel® C++ Compiler 19.1 for Linux* OS and later
- GNU Compilers 4.8 and higher
- Glibc version 2.4 or higher
- Intel® C++ Compiler 19.1 for Windows* OS and later
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 - help file and environment integration
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 - help file and environment integration
- Xcode* 10
- Xcode* 11
Notices and Disclaimers
Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software or service activation.
No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Your costs and results may vary.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
No license (express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise) to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document.
The products described may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.