Dr. Hoon Ryu is Senior Researcher, National Institute of Supercomputing and Networking.
Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI) is a national research institute founded to maximize the efficiency of science technology R/D in the Republic of Korea. National Institute of Supercomputing and Networking (NISN), which was originally the Supercomputing Center of KISTI, is a headquarters for High Performance Computing (HPC) R/D and personnel training in the Republic of Korea; it was designated by the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea, who recognized the strong need for HPCs as national infrastructure. As the Intel® Parallel Computing Center(s) (Intel® PCC) in the Republic of Korea, NISN aims to work on a research project with the main purpose of developing parallel iterative normal eigenvalue solvers and poisson PDE solvers that are both highly scalable and optimized in the Intel® Xeon Phi™ architecture. These two solvers are the core modules required to solve Schrödinger and Poisson equations. We therefore eventually plan to build a highly scalable TCAD package that is particularly useful for advanced materials research, which not only makes it possible to keep up with the size-downscaling of logic transistors and optoelectronics, but also initiates novel device designs that were previously unimaginable. Knowledge outcomes obtained from the development process will be summarized as a set of documents and will serve to train in MIC programming via the biannual HPC educational program operated by NISN.
- February 20, 2018, KNL Tutorial, Japan-Korea HPC Winter School
- March 9, 2018, On the achievement of high fidelity and scalability for large-scale diagonalizations in grid-based DFT simulations, International Journal of Quantum Chemistry
- June 26, 2018, Manycore Programming using KNL, User workshop for KISTI 5 High Performance Computers
- Hoon Ryu, Oh-Kyoung Kwon, February 26, 2018, Fast, energy-efficient electronic structure simulations for multi-million atomic systems with GPU devices, Springer, White Paper
- Heike Jagode, Asim Yarkhan, Jack Dongarra, August 1, 2016, Recent Advantages in the Performance API (PAPI), 10th Scalable Tools Workshop
- Hoon Ryu, September 1, 2014, Channel-size dependent dopant placement in silicon nanowires, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI)
- Hoon Ryu, Jongseob Kim, and Ki-Ha Hong, January 2, 2015, Communication Reducing Algorithms for Distributed Hierarchical N-Body Problems with Boundary Distributions, KISTI
- Hoon Ryu, September 9, 2016, Channel-size dependent dopant placement in silicon nanowires, IEEE Xplore
- Azzam Haidar, Heike Jagode, Asim Yarkhan, Phi Vaccaro, Stan Tomov, and Jack Dongarra, June 18, 2017, Power-aware HPC on Intel Xeon Phi KNL Processors, ISC 17
- Hoon Ryu, Jongseob Kim, and Ki-Ha Hong, January 2, 2015, Communication Reducing Algorithms for Distributed Hierarchical N-Body Problems with Boundary Distributions,NANO Letters
- Hoon Ryu, June 5, 2015, A multi-subband Monte Carlo study on dominance of scattering mechanisms over carrier transport in sub-10-nm Si nanowire FETs, Nanoscale Research Letters
- Hoon Ryu, Yosang Jeong, Ji-Hoon Kang, Kyu Nam Cho, August 16, 2016, Time-efficient simulations of tight-binding electronic structures with Intel Xeon Phi many-core processors, Science Direct
- Hoon Ryu, November 18, 2015, Performance Improvement of Electronic Structure Calculations using MIC programming, IXPUG
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.