Note: Content in this document applies to both oneAPI and Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector is a powerful tool for analyzing MPI applications, which essentially consists of two parts:
- Intel® Trace Collector is a low-overhead tracing library that performs event-based tracing in applications at runtime. It collects data about the application MPI and serial or OpenMP* regions, and can trace custom set functions. The product is completely thread safe and integrates with C/C++, FORTRAN and multithreaded processes with and without MPI. Additionally it can check for MPI programming and system errors.
- Intel® Trace Analyzer is a GUI-based tool that provides a convenient way to monitor application activities gathered by the Intel Trace Collector. You can view the desired level of detail, quickly identify performance hotspots and bottlenecks, and analyze their causes.
To receive technical support and updates, you need to register your product copy. See Technical Support below.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2021.1 Beta
- Reworked directory layout:
- Removed intel64\
- itacvars.bat moved to env\
- itacvars.bat renamed vars.bat
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2020
- Huge speedup on saving trace to storage.
- Moved to Qt* 5.13.
- Bug fixes.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2019 Update 4
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2019 Update 3
- Added the start-paused feature for the trace collector (
- Added the traces archiving feature (
- Bug fixes.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2019 Update 2
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2019 Update 2 includes functional and security updates. Users should update to the latest version.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2019 Update 1
- Changes in
MPI_Pcontrol(const int level, ...) support: level > 0 turns on tracing, level <= 0 turns off tracing.
- Bug fixes
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2019
- Removed support of Intel® Trace Collector static libraries.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2018 Update 4
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2018 Update 3
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2018 Update 2
- User Interface improvements.
- Deprecated ITC static libraries on Windows.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2018 Update 1
- Fix for the
--summary CLI option.
- Performance improvements in Imbalance Diagram building.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2018
- MPI Performance Snapshot is no longer a part of Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector and is available as a separate product. See http://www.intel.com/performance-snapshot for details.
- Removed the macOS* support.
- Documentation is now removed from the product package and is available online.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2017 Update 4
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2017 Update 3
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2017 Update 2
- Enhancements in function color selection on timelines.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2017 Update 1
- Added zooming support with a mouse wheel on timelines.
- Deprecated support for the ITF format.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector 2017
- Advanced GUI: user-friendly interface, high-level scalability, support of STF trace data
- Aggregation and Filtering: detailed views of runtime behavior grouped by functions or processes
- Fail-Safe Tracing: improved functionality on prematurely terminated applications with deadlock detection
- Intel® MPI Library Interface: support of tracing on internal MPI states, support of MPI-IO
- Correctness Checking: check for MPI and system errors at runtime (including distributed memory checking)
- ROMIO*: extended support of MPI-2 standard parallel file I/O
- Comparison feature: compare two trace files and/or two regions (in one or two trace files)
- Command line interface for the Intel Trace Analyzer
- Systems based on the Intel® 64 architecture, in particular:
- Intel® Core™ processor family or higher
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor family is recommended
- 1 GB of RAM per core (2 GB recommended)
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
- Operating systems:
- Microsoft* Windows* 10
- Microsoft* Windows* Server 2016, 2019
- MPI implementations:
- Intel® MPI Library 5.0 or newer
- Intel® C++/Fortran Compiler 15.0 or newer (required for OpenMP* support)
- Microsoft* Visual Studio* Compilers 2013, 2015, 2017
Known Issues and Limitations
- Tracing of MPI applications, which include the
MPI_Comm_spawn function calls, is not supported.
- Intel® Trace Analyzer may get into an undefined state if too many files are opened at the same time.
- In some cases symbols information may appear incorrectly in the Intel® Trace Analyzer if you discarded symbols information from object files.
- MPI Correctness Checking is available with the Intel® MPI Library only.
- Removed the integrated HTML browser from Intel® Trace Analyzer.
Every purchase of an Intel® Software Development Product includes a year of support services, which provides Priority Support at our Online Service Center web site.
In order to get support you need to register your product in the Intel® Registration Center. If your product is not registered, you will not receive priority support.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector Documentation